Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BrianCCaiFeiHong_NeverLetYouGo
Hi!
Here my mix and little master for this track.
I had fun, let me know what u thinking about!

All best!!!

Jacques

.mp3    BrianCCaiFeiHong_NeverLetYouGo_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 7.06 MB)

Learn every day!!!
Hey Jacques! I really like the start of the song but drop falls a tiny bit. I think that if you'd spent some more time on the mix it wouldv been really good, there where some synths on drop to work on a bit. Other then that smooth sounding and yet clean.
Hey Jacques!

My 2cents:
- Delays on the Vocal are a bit too loud for me in the beginning part. you can try to automate the return to go with the flow of the song
- The clap and that percussion sound that it goes with are a bit too dominant for me, expecially noticed in the 2nd verse where it stays a dominant sound.
- The hook drops really a bit in level (your buildup part is getting so powerful that it will be hard to get the hook bigger than that). Maybe start mixing with the hook and work from there helps. So you mix the hook part as big as you can get it and fit the other sounds to lead to that peak.
- I like those dubstep sounds! Need to improve that in my mix

Have a great time!
(23-09-2021, 09:39 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Jacques! I really like the start of the song but drop falls a tiny bit. I think that if you'd spent some more time on the mix it wouldv been really good, there where some synths on drop to work on a bit. Other then that smooth sounding and yet clean.
Hey!
Yes this is a first version to get some advice.
Really thx for your comments it help a lot.

All best
Learn every day!!!
(24-09-2021, 11:14 AM)vrlnsnd Wrote: Hey Jacques!

My 2cents:
- Delays on the Vocal are a bit too loud for me in the beginning part. you can try to automate the return to go with the flow of the song
- The clap and that percussion sound that it goes with are a bit too dominant for me, expecially noticed in the 2nd verse where it stays a dominant sound.
- The hook drops really a bit in level (your buildup part is getting so powerful that it will be hard to get the hook bigger than that). Maybe start mixing with the hook and work from there helps. So you mix the hook part as big as you can get it and fit the other sounds to lead to that peak.

Have a great time!
Hey!
Thx for the advice, they are all on point.
I should probably do some level automation to get what u are saying about the hook, u are the second guy that tell me that  Smile .
About claps and delays I had the same feeling today on listening back the song.
Dubstep parts i can tell u what I've done:
-SynthSFX1: Rbass (freq60Hz) boost 0.5, Fairchild 670 dual mono (In +4, Threshold +4, time constant 2, internal s.chain 300Hz)
-SynthSFX2: smile cut on the high ferq.
-SynthSFX3: hard pan right and polarity inverted
-SynthSFX4: pan left -20 (on logic)
-SynthSFX5: polarity inverted

All best
Learn every day!!!
(24-09-2021, 11:37 AM)Jacques Wrote:
(24-09-2021, 11:14 AM)vrlnsnd Wrote: Hey Jacques!

My 2cents:

Have a great time!
Hey!
Thx for the advice, they are all on point.
I should probably do some level automation to get what u are saying about the hook, u are the second guy that tell me that  Smile .
About claps and delays I had the same feeling today on listening back the song.
Dubstep parts i can tell u what I've done:
-SynthSFX1: Rbass (freq60Hz) boost 0.5, Fairchild 670 dual mono (In +4, Threshold +4, time constant 2, internal s.chain 300Hz)
-SynthSFX2: smile cut on the high ferq.
-SynthSFX3: hard pan right and polarity inverted
-SynthSFX4: pan left -20 (on logic)
-SynthSFX5: polarity inverted

All best
Nice! Thanks for your settings
Hey, Jacques.

Main criticism I can offer is that the low end doesn't seem to be balanced well across the different tracks. It sounds like some of the headroom is getting eaten up in the "big sections" since they don't sound like the loudest parts of the track.

Also, there's some interesting tracks that seem to be kinda buried in the mix that can be balanced out more.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant