Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richy Legend Comet Mix&Mastering
i delete the old thread because i added a wrong file.....here is the right one.....any feedback will be welcome

.mp3    Comet mix&master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.81 MB)

to me instruments are a bit to low in the mix vs the kick and hats. It feels a bit like its a room in monochannel that is really small, kinda cool but i'd like a bigger one and not so monoised for my own taste. Kick could maybe get some definition in higher mids but i like that its "vintage" sounding, makes it feel a bit like a old hiphop sampling. Many times when i mix i find myself having synths and guitars way to low in the mix after listening back after some time, so i think that courage is an important part when mixing. I know it messes up headroom alot since the rms-lvls in synths and pads and so fort is really masking but i am often now adays less keen to making sure that my kick and snare is really upfront and punchy, though they are really important elements and hard to nail and often define a good sounding mix, but for me personally i don't think they always are the main ingredient. So my personally tailored tip would be to keep the drums / kick/ snare to the end when mixing and most focusing in on the elements that aren't that easy to get up in volume and bring the right energy.
thank for the comment....i got what you mean but i tried in a way to follow the original mix and try to archive a balance that was in there
No problems! Don't get me wrong i think this mix is on a good way and that says alot because its not that often i don't comment on mixes where i don't see any potential, more likely i comment when i feel the mix is close to be a homerun.