Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eat The Feeder: 'Today's The Day'
Hello friends, how are you, here I leave my mix, I decided this time to make my own version, without listening to the reference and thus see what came out.
As for the mix, use equalization type SSL and in the compression LA2A and 1176
The mix is at -1db and around -14lufs
I hope you like it and comment

.mp3    EatTheFeeder_TodaysTheDay.mp3 --  (Download: 9.59 MB)

I AM VERY BAD WRITING IN ENGLISH, THAT'S WHY I USE THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR !!!
Well, as I had already said in the previous post, I was seeing all this SSL type sound, so I decided to redo practically the entire mix based on Chris Lord-Alge techniques, using the concepts he uses and trying to replicate an SSL analog console with my Daw just like he uses it, both on compressors and effects.

The only difference is that in the master buss apart from the ssl compressor I put an eq (ProQ3) to cut a frequency and when interpolating it enters its Zero Latency and Linear Phase functions the mix changes a lot but it was not bad so I made 2 samples for you to listen to. the difference and think which one you liked the most.

Enjoy

.mp3    ProQ3-Linear Phase_EatTheFeeder.mp3 --  (Download: 9.59 MB)

.mp3    ProQ3-Zero Latency_EatTheFeeder.mp3 --  (Download: 9.59 MB)

A third mix and I promise that it is the last with this song, I did it because I felt that with the previous one things were somewhat messy and to avoid having to correct in the bus master.
I know that asking for your comments in each post is too much, but with a good or bad opinion, no matter how minimal, they do not realize what they are helping and how well it does helping others
Thanks

.mp3    EatTheFeeder_TodaysTheDay.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

Hi Ibcmak,

Overall I think the balance of the mix is pretty good. Out of the few that you have I think the last one you posted is the best. Some notes though:

I like the sound you got with the toms, they sound explosive! The vocals are well done too, and I like the sound you got with the bass guitar.

I think the kick could use some automation, or maybe a sample to make it more consistent in volume and clarity. What I did was create a sample from the original kick track, and blended it in with the original sound. I also think the snare is a little loud, it sounds like it is fighting with the vocals in some parts of the song.

I think the guitars sound a bit thin, I think they could use a boost in the lows/low-mids. Just a little bit though!

Also, The background vocals that come in at the chorus are too loud aswell.
Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
Thank you very much for the NOTJACK appreciations, if among all my mixes there is a better paco I think my evolution is noticeable when mixing, as for what you tell me and it is an error that I must admit in the lack or rather not having used the high pass filters well on several tracks maybe there is the problem.

I will try to make one more mix taking into account what you have told me, thank you very much one more time