Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timeless_Jpx_mix
Nice song!Nice lirycs!

.mp3    Timeless_JPX_MIX_.mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

(04-01-2022, 10:30 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Nice song!Nice lirycs!
Hey there Jpx! Thank you for the compliment on the song and the lyrics Smile I wrote them, so it's great to hear that someone likes them haha.

Right off the bat, I think your balances are good and that it's a really solid mix. 
A couple of positives: 
-I like the guitar tones! What did you use for them?
-The drums sound plenty spacious and the balance of overheads to shells is good.
-You didn't get bogged down with a lot of the background elements and have a good understanding of where everything fits together in the frequency spectrum.
-I like the vocals and the overall blend of them in the mix! This is a challenging part so I'm impressed that you did it really well.

Good mix!
If I could make a couple of suggestions on things that could be fixed:
-Through no fault of yours, this is a very mid heavy mix. I would still clean out some of the midrange around 600hz and maybe a tiny bit around 300hz. When everything kicks in, the 600hz clouds the mix a bit, which could be solved with some corrective eq.
-If I was mastering this, my tweaks would include giving a little bump at 60hz and 120hz because those areas seem to be lacking just a tiny bit. It's a feeling thing for me. 1-2db would definitely fix it for me in the kick and bass. 
-The snare could use some more crack between 6-8khz. It doesn't quite have the smack I'd like to hear from it, but it's ALMOST there already.
-I would definitely consider giving this some more air. After 10khz it really doesn't have much in the way of air, and that kind of blankets the mix if that makes sense. I could crank it by like, 6db and it still sounds good. I highly recommend this one.
-One last piece of advice, sometimes the compression feels a little odd and creates some distortion in the cymbals. It's especially noticeable when the toms hit. Maybe your drum buss is compressed too much or something?

Honestly, if you were able to revise the mix with those little suggestions, or some creative ways to fix the problems without doing those things specifically, I'd be blown away. It sounds really good so far! Thank you for mixing It and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!