Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aron Jaeger - Fly High
Hi,

Thought I'd give this one a go.

Cheers!

.mp3    Aron Jaeger - Fly High.mp3 --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
For me a lot of your mixes have no bottom end. You seem to put all your effort into the the stuff that don't really matter to much
Don't get me wrong im not cussing you because a lot of your work is good but your just missing something .
I had a friend of mine do a mix and post it under my name and it didn't get one comment so i really wouldn't worry we done for a laugh .
Your work is good.Just wonder if its a monitor thing . https://www.barnybarnicott.com/
Had a play and got it to where i think it should be

.mp3    Mike mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.95 MB)

Hi,

Have you added bass, or added low mids and cut a bit of midrange and top end?

First phrase is the library mix, then my mix, then yours. 

00:00-00:06 Library Mix
00:06-00:12 My Mix
00:12-00:18 Yours

I roughly level matched everything to -6dB.

Cheers!

.mp3    FlyHigh_Comparison.mp3 --  (Download: 720.41 KB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
gave it a boost at 85 and 250,a little cut at 800 and cut a bit of highs
Hi,

Thanks. 

Are you listening on your AKG's or monitors?  Reason I ask is that there is plenty of low end (60Hz ish I think it is) on my monitors and cheapie earbuds (VE Monk+).  On my AKG's the bass is there, but I don't get so much of that more sub bass coming through on my AKG240.  I think you have a higher model of AKG?  For me the AKG bass is there, but not hyped as such.  You certainly notice when the bass is not there though -

Attached is a clip with the bass in, then out, then back in.

Comparing with the refs I feel it is perhaps your preference with regard to the mids/bass balance, but I also wonder if it is maybe the subs are not coming though as much for you, so the bass area you feel missing is more in that 250-ish area? I ask because you boosted the low mids area in the other mix I did I think.

Also - theres really not much going on in this mix between say 100-250 (check the library mix on an analyser)

Cheers!

.mp3    Aron Jaeger - Fly High - bass in out in.mp3 --  (Download: 793.88 KB)

If in doubt go to the graph, bass for bass heavy music is normally around -10, level is fine but loudness could be toned down a bit, this is the first file in the thread
(18-09-2021, 05:39 PM)Y Wrote: If in doubt go to the graph, bass for bass heavy music is normally around -10, level is fine but loudness could be toned down a bit, this is the first file in the thread

Thanks. You quite sure about the loudness though? I recall -3 LUFS was the target level for dubstep, when it was a thing?, so -7,-8 is a bit tame really Smile.
Cheers!
(18-09-2021, 05:51 PM)mikej Wrote:
(18-09-2021, 05:39 PM)Y Wrote: If in doubt go to the graph, bass for bass heavy music is normally around -10, level is fine but loudness could be toned down a bit, this is the first file in the thread

Thanks. You quite sure about the loudness though? I recall -3 LUFS was the target level for dubstep, when it was a thing?, so -7,-8 is a bit tame really Smile.
Cheers!
wow it seems you are right -3 is a crazy number, i would say everything looks and sounds good then maybe get the clipper out and push it more haha!
seriously though sounds good my end
Yeah. Got a link here by way of reference if anyone doubts how loud the dubstep guys were pushing things back then:

Skrillex - Fuji Opener (feat. Alvin Risk) [Official Audio] [youtube]

Cheers!