Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Never let You Go' - [Andrey Benassi Mix]
Nice song to mix, I'm not used to mix songs with this kinda vibe, so maybe I missed something!

What do you think? 

Cheers!

.mp3    Never Let You Go - Andrey Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.95 MB)

You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Imho there are serious issues with the overall balance. Vocals are way louder than anything else. Guitar is barely heard. Seems like you mixed in headphones with tired ears, or something like that. Vocals are also way too dry for that genre. I hear only small room reverb. Cheers
Hi, i like the vibe, the vocals I feel OK in my monitoring system and they have some ambient with a delay, is for you or the producer to decide what is too much, of course, if you put a delay or reverb and the effect is too much that distract the listener, that's no good.

I can hear a distortion on the Limiter on the bar 26 guessing this song tempo is 76 bpm or the minute 1:02.I think is the track #46, i had to chop that part because of that.
I'm guessing the producer intention on the Chorus is making the main Synth the track #42, and the rest is all layers. For me, the track #40 with the Synth String sounds is good in solo, but with the whole mix, that layer tends to mud the track #42. I repeat, that is if the producer intention is to use the track #42 as the main Synth and the others as layers, if that's true, you can try an EQ with a band pass on the track #40 to get rid of the low mids that muds the track #42.

Good Mix
(18-09-2021, 07:02 PM)Leonnyxx Wrote: Hi, i like the vibe, the vocals I feel OK in my monitoring system and they have some ambient with a delay, is for you or the producer to decide what is too much, of course, if you put a delay or reverb and the effect is too much that distract the listener, that's no good.

I can hear a distortion on the Limiter on the bar 26 guessing this song tempo is 76 bpm or the minute 1:02.I think is the track #46, i had to chop that part because of that.
I'm guessing the producer intention on the Chorus is making the main Synth the track #42, and the rest is all layers. For me, the track #40 with the Synth String sounds is good in solo, but with the whole mix, that layer tends to mud the track #42. I repeat, that is if the producer intention is to use the track #42 as the main Synth and the others as layers, if that's true, you can try an EQ with a band pass on the track  #40 to get rid of the low mids that muds the track #42.

Good Mix
Hi buddy!

I appreciate your feedback!

Cheers!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Hey Andrey!

Honestly, a great mix! There are some things I would do differently. But I think I'm already pretty biased by my own mix.

- maybe vocals slighty loud in the beginning and first part of the second verse
- in the buildup part then they get a bit buried for me (I would automate there)
- I agree with other comments that the vocals are a little bit dry
- nice punchy snare!
- I'm not sure about the kick, it sticks out when listening on small speakers but sound okay on bigger ones.
- Theres that one synth sound in the hook that I felt it should be more like a harmony instead of a lead sound. Maybe my mix is off there, don't know actually

Really interested in your opinion on my take: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40535

Have a great time!

- Dan