Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please give some tips on my mix
I am new to mixing and this is my first mix. I do not have proper audio monitors but i tried my best.
Kindly give me some reviews and help me improve.

.mp3    Never Let you Go2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.44 MB)

to me it sounds a bit overcompressed, its pumping and theres a loss of bottom end, also it seems a bit thin and lacks width more seperation in the instruments might help. The vocal seems overpowered maybe bring the mix on the reverb down.
Could you take a listen to mine? i am also just beginning and have only headphones for reference
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40485
(12-09-2021, 07:00 PM)Y Wrote: to me it sounds a bit overcompressed, its pumping and theres a loss of bottom end, also it seems a bit thin and lacks width more seperation in the instruments might help. The vocal seems overpowered maybe bring the mix on the reverb down.
Could you take a listen to mine? i am also just beginning and have only headphones for reference
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40485
I took your advices and came up with this. Does it sound better?

.mp3    MainMix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.44 MB)

the vocal sounds better to me, somewhere in the middle of the 2 might be better but it works like this, the low end sounds alot clearer now, would really like the second drop in there aswell to hear more of whats going on, its definately more balanced now
A good Job for not having monitors, and starting in mixing, congrats, if you can buy headphones as starting point. I have the Beyerdynamic Dt 990 Pro, the 80 Ohm version so I can hear the music from a Phone, the 250 Ohms will require an headphone amp

I hear the FX in 1:02 a little bit louder to the point is floating above the mix, I think is the compensation for the system you're hearing.
Agree on Y's Mans opinion. Balance is way better!

You could also try to EQ (try a high-/lowcut) or/and compress the reverb slightly (sidechained by the vocal) to keep it there but keep the tail of it at the same time. I always try to get it out of the way of the main sound with tricks like that (if the main sound should stay in the front).
But what happend to the snare?