Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
First try on this lovely song. Thanks for the listen! Cheers!

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

i personally dont like the hard panned hat and snap but thats probably preference, the saw style bass seems to take over when it drops in the center, i guess you hard limited this as theres seems to be alot of loud middle? in parts which throws off the balance for me

check mine if you would be so kind
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40485
(12-09-2021, 07:24 PM)Y Wrote: i personally dont like the hard panned hat and snap but thats probably preference, the saw style bass seems to take over when it drops in the center, i guess you hard limited this as theres seems to be alot of loud middle? in parts which throws off the balance for me

check mine if you would be so kind
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=40485
Thanks, man, for leaving a comment. I worked on it a bit more and addressed many more problems. I include it here just in case. Thanks.

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Hello Sonictramp.I made a remastered version of your mix .Please tell me what do u think ?
(27-09-2021, 11:00 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hello Sonictramp.I made a remastered version of your mix .Please tell me what do u think ?

Thanks, Mammy, for giving it a try to salvage my mix Smile. The way I hear your "master" is the mix is thicker, warmer, which, btw, I thought my mix needs. However, there is a slight loss on the top end, noticeably on vocal. And on top of that, bc it's thicker and warmer, there is a slight rise of muddiness that obscure some of the brightness of the mix. I am not sure it's a good trade-off, especially when, I think, I can get that from the kick (not the bass-y oomph but just a thump in the chest to support the bottom end). That way I only mess with the kick track individually instead of the whole mess. Of course you don't have that luxury, and I noted that. And bc of that, I rather give you a nice skeleton to work on the body instead of a skeleton with a missing limb. Anyway, thanks for giving it a try. I have a better version if you still want to try. It's interesting to hear the "mastered" version of my mix. Thanks, man. Cheers!

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_3.mp3

The intro sounds pretty good. I like how the guitars sound. I like the gated effect on the one guitar track. But, when the bass comes in things start to kind of fall apart. The saw portion of the bass is really loud and the low-end seems extremely lacking and as a result the tracks ends up losing a lot of energy.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(28-09-2021, 04:36 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_3.mp3

The intro sounds pretty good. I like how the guitars sound. I like the gated effect on the one guitar track. But, when the bass comes in things start to kind of fall apart. The saw portion of the bass is really loud and the low-end seems extremely lacking and as a result the tracks ends up losing a lot of energy.
Thanks for the comment, man. I listened back to my mix and, tbh, I don't hear what you heard, man. The bass is fine where I am at. The same with the saw-bass, nothing "really loud" (my translation: a kick in the eye with hot sauce poured in afterward) or "extreme lacking" (6 feet under, non-existence) as you stated. These are terms reserved for really bad mixes, and I don't think my mix is that bad Smile. Since our mixes depend much on our equipment and the room (mine sucks admittedly), the differences we hear can be attributed to that. What is your set up? The severity of your comment warrants an investigation, not just on my part but yours as well. Identify where the problem exists is 1/2 of the battle already. Cheers!

Btw, my room: 8ft (h), 15ft (l), and 13ft (w). Very square.
Yamaha HS8 on stands with pad with tweeters pointing right at my ear canal, 2 1/2 ft from backwall, 5 ft away from side walls.
spkrs distance from one to another 3 1/2 feet forming an equilateral triangle. Listening position is 6ft away from wall with everything in symmetry.
Duet2 interface
A kingsize bed in the back of me serving as absorber. The floor is woodfloor. Sidewalls not treated. No bass traps.
A b*ng, a b*wl, a bottle of Johnny 2X black, not technically equipment but they help.
(28-09-2021, 07:32 PM)SonicTramp Wrote:
(28-09-2021, 04:36 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_3.mp3

Thanks for the comment, man. I listened back to my mix and, tbh, I don't hear what you heard, man. The bass is fine where I am at. The same with the saw-bass, nothing "really loud" (my translation: a kick in the eye with hot sauce poured in afterward) or "extreme lacking" (6 feet under, non-existence) as you stated. These are terms reserved for really bad mixes, and I don't think my mix is that bad Smile. Since our mixes depend much on our equipment and the room (mine sucks admittedly), the differences we hear can be attributed to that. What is your set up? The severity of your comment warrants an investigation, not just on my part but yours as well. Identify where the problem exists is 1/2 of the battle already. Cheers!
He is right mate i agree exactly with what he said, when the drop comes all bass is lost and the low mids on the saw in the build up come through very strong, i am listening on headphones with 20-20k range so i think there is a bass problem in your monitoring
(28-09-2021, 07:35 PM)Y's Man Wrote:

He is right mate i agree exactly with what he said, when the drop comes all bass is lost and the low mids on the saw in the build up come through very strong, i am listening on headphones with 20-20k range so i think there is a bass problem in your monitoring

I actually think there's no problem with the bass, as the spectral balance is just fine. Instead, there is a massive drop in loudness. In the buildup the mix is at -8 LUFS and in the chorus at -12 LUFS.
(28-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Lucas Alber Wrote:
(28-09-2021, 07:35 PM)Ys Man Wrote:

I actually think there's no problem with the bass, as the spectral balance is just fine. Instead, there is a massive drop in loudness. In the buildup the mix is at -8 LUFS and in the chorus at -12 LUFS.
*Thanks Lucas Alber for rescuing me from a world of hurt. I was about to call an audiologist for an appointment bc it ain't cool, man. A complete loss of bottom end is something to cry about. Yeah, in this business it means death to the mixer, specifically, me. That also means CLA is keeping that throne warm but not for me, the hope and dream of my little life. Ain't life a bitch? As you can see, quite a serious matter. So I did what a sane mixer would do, made a copy of the mix, sent it to my phone, brought it to my car to play. No, not that drastic. The bass is fine. My ears are fine. That means I have no choice but to argue with these guys and risk being...whatever to them. But 2 out of 2? That can't be wrong, can it? For the benefit of the doubt I spent a bit of time and effort to move my speakers around and see. No, not that either. I can hear some gain/loss in some places but nothing I care about. Then I started to panic. Yeah, man, nothing feels as bad as seeing your hope and dream slipping all the way to the sewer keeping company with the feces. So I did what I usually do when stressed out, took a long hit from the bong accompanied with a small little shot to wash it down while contemplating my next scam to bring back the bass. Then I got your post. Then another hit but for different purposes.
Btw, when you said "massive drop" can it be interpret as a massive rise for the chorus? Is that a problem? The mix is still in good flow, right? Or not? Anyway, thanks for stepping in and save me from undeserved miseries. Cheers!