Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amber Skye - Howlin
Hi,

Been meaning to have a try at this one for a while.

Cheers!

Update: Added mix 1.1 - Work still in progress...
Update: Added mix 1.2
Update: Added mix 1.3

.mp3    Amber Skye - Howlin 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.88 MB)

.mp3    Amber Skye - Howlin 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

.mp3    Amber Skye - Howlin 1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

.mp3    Amber Skye - Howlin 1.3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thin and hollow.Your mixes are usually pretty good but this is pants mate, I'm sorry
Yes, you are right. I'm sorry too. I shall try again without pants.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Lol worth a try mate.Sounds like phase problems with the drums to me.Just sounds odd
It's probably a combination of things. I don't think it's a phase issue as such - but I could be wrong. Theres a printed drum beat track there that I just blended in - I feel it's in phase but the reverb on the snare is what is making things sound a bit off I suspect. The overall balance between tracks is off - I ended up montoring a bit louder than normal without realising. Vocals are a bit too forward in the mix and they have a fair bit of reverb on them. I also noticed that I screwed up the bus compression - it's doing too much so the vocals are pushing everything back in the mix.

I'm working on it... I'll print off a mix and upload it in a bit as to where I am up to, so you can let me know if it is sounding better or not.

Cheers!
Ok, added mix 1.1 - still a work in progress but do let me know what you think. Sounding better... or not?

Cheers!
it sounds a bit better but the snare still sounds thin.I myself would put a bit more bottom on that,it sounds really far back too . .Is there any bass in this track?
There's only bass in the chorus and bridge. As I said I am still working on it - that print is just as far as I got this evening. You are right about the snare. Basically the drums need rebalancing with the vocals as I hear I can bring the vocals back a lot more so you get more weight coming through from the kick and snare. I've got a sub on the kick already but need to adjust it a bit so the weight comes through.

Cheers!
Mix 1.2 added....
Night and day better. Bit more mid range would be nice in the verses. Maybe the whole mix could do with it .
Just something missing i cant put my finger on