Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crownoise - Never let you go
Wow what a lovely tune, reaally like it. I went super loud on this one on the refrain, i cut alot of bass and low mids also to get it really clean. What would have worked well is if i'd automated so that i got some more mids on the verses cuz it feels a bit little there and also a tiny harsh on refrain. Here is my mine:

Edit: Got some time over so i cut some harsh frequencies and bounced a second one.

.mp3    Never let you go.mp3 --  (Download: 7.01 MB)

.mp3    Never let you go mst 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.63 MB)

I like your aggressive mix. Sounds mean (relative to mine) and I still think it's a tad bright (ver 2). I also think you can push the vocal up a bit more on the refrain actually. I think it can take it. I like the guitar ~1:52 on. Sounds really nice. I also think that the hi hats and the Bassb2 are not loud enough. They are quite important in the parts they are in in driving the momentum forward. But that's just my opinion. I listen thru a pair of Yamaha HS8 in a room that is more befitting to be a tomb with me right in the middle of it than a mixing studio. So, yeah, double check just to make sure. If you agree, then I can put a bit more trust on my monitoring system since I am still learning how to listen to my speakers. Cheers!
Cool piano made
Wow! Another completely different vibe, nice!

I agree to SonicTramp, it's very bright. Additionally, I immediately found it to be a bit scooped in the mids/low mids.

The overall balance seems to be nice, didn't hear any problems. Only one thing (and again I agree with SonicTramp): The Bass-Tracks could be a bit more present to fill the low end. Might sonically collide with kick and require further steps though.

But I get a bit distracted from the brightness lol

I hope this helps Wink
Hey guys thanks! Agreed on the highend, if i'd got the highend more dynamic i would have been more pleased but i yet feel the song calls for abright sound but yes a tiny bit 2 much so thats why i revisited with a quick master but couldv cut additional 2 db in highs on master. I like that you like the agressivness Sonic, thats what i felt this song needed to bring some contrasts.
I like your Version as already mentioned the high frequencies and mid frequencies need a little more balancing.

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey, crow!

Never let you go mst 2.mp3

I like that you chose to keep the vox a bit on the drier side. The piano that comes in around 1:40 or so is a bit loud I found. The creative choices on the drops are really cool. The overall balance of the mix seems to lean more towards the high-end.
Overall a really cool mix. Great direction you took it in. Just needs to be rebalanced a bit to bring back some of the low-end.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
Hi crow!

Wow, what a difference!

Definitely very aggressive, but I think you can hit the listener even harder. Right now, the choruses feel very distant, also lacking in comparison with verses and buildup. I am not a big fan of that snare, although I can see what the intention was. Vocal is a bit dry and lofi (for my taste at least).

I agree with what was already said, that the highs are a bit over the top and harsh sounding.

(BTW I am commenting on mix 2)
(24-09-2021, 11:51 PM)thedon Wrote: I like your Version as already mentioned the high frequencies and mid frequencies need a little more balancing.

Cheers
Thanks Don! Smile
(28-09-2021, 04:56 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Hey, crow!

Never let you go mst 2.mp3

I like that you chose to keep the vox a bit on the drier side. The piano that comes in around 1:40 or so is a bit loud I found. The creative choices on the drops are really cool. The overall balance of the mix seems to lean more towards the high-end.
Overall a really cool mix. Great direction you took it in. Just needs to be rebalanced a bit to bring back some of the low-end.
Hey thanks dude!