Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil_Timeless Prt2
I've mixed quite a few songs from the Cambridge library and to me, this was one of the hardest because of the vocals. I almost bailed but I did it and here it is.

.mp3    MekaPhil_Timeless Prt2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.57 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Hi!

It's certainly challenging. Good effort there though!

I feel it could maybe do with just a touch more low end - a low shelf on the master maybe? I feel the vocals could actually come up a db or 2 perhaps, listening to the snare and also a quick ref of the library mix. (Forgot how bright/midrangey that ref mix is!). Getting the balance of the vocals with the rest of the band right is tricky. I revisited my mix and am not sure about the vocal level, (amongst other things of course).

Cheers!
(01-09-2021, 10:53 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

It's certainly challenging. Good effort there though! 

I feel it could maybe do with just a touch more low end - a low shelf on the master maybe?  I feel the vocals could actually come up a db or 2 perhaps, listening to the snare and also a quick ref of the library mix.  (Forgot how bright/midrangey that ref mix is!).    Getting the balance of the vocals with the rest of the band right is tricky. I revisited my mix and am not sure about the vocal level, (amongst other things of course).

Cheers!
Thanks Mikej,
You were spot on. I listened to the uploaded mix after reading your comment and said to myself, he's right! There's no bass at all. I opened the session and I had it muted. Good ear Smile I re-uploaded.

Thx!
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Hi,

I had a listen to the new version on earbuds earlier today - yeah sounds much better!

Cheers!