Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAAWWWWRRRRRRRRR SEXY MIX
Hi guys,
Obviously the song calls for a live, roomy feeling so I didn't try to go the other way round.
In this mix i didn't boost highs at all. I focused on cutting unnecessary low mids and lows, especially on drums which I think are programed btw

GEAR UPDATE

I'm testing Warm Audio Bus comp so I am throwing it on my old mixes just to see what will happen. In this case I tired to beat PA Townhouse which was on the orginal mix. 
OTB - version with Warm audio

.mp3    CMBRDIGE_Diesel13 - Roar_MIX_1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.23 MB)

.mp3    CMBRDIGE_Diesel13 - Roar_MIX_1(OTB).mp3 --  (Download: 7.35 MB)

Doesnt matter if you cut or boost the only think that matters is how at the end sounds and well doesnt sound good.Boomy, muddy with week low end.High end is missing and guitars are waayy back there.
There is a reason why all records have that kind of low and high end. Listen to your reference and you will see by your self, doesnt matter if its country or stoner or whatever.When you understand that and start mixing some other genres you will start to get what the genre is dictating in a mix. Cheers
I see that your feedback is the 100% opposite of what I commented on your mix. Difference in taste? maybe. As you mentioned there are references and I use them all the time. For this mix I used the original version of the song and I don't think it's that far from it. I compared your mix to it as well but I will remain silent because you know better.
aha.Man if you want to learn anything be humble at least and just reallize that you are in the start of your jurnay, anyway if you have problem on anderstanding how things should sound a random mix wouldnt help you, in any way man maybe its your taste at the end and you know mutch more that someone can understand when listening your mix, at the end clients come for our taste if you doing that for money, so i hope u got your clients Wink
I have no issues with this mix. Maybe it's a little thick in the 150hz range but I might be overthinking it. Overall it works. I can hear everything and the high end feels appropriate. Maybe I'd add a 1dB shelf at 10k but I don't know if it needs it.
(01-09-2021, 03:46 PM)gopener Wrote: aha.Man if you want to learn anything be humble at least and just reallize that you are in the start of your jurnay, anyway if you have problem on anderstanding how things should sound a random mix wouldnt help you, in any way man maybe its your taste at the end and you know mutch more that someone can understand when listening your mix, at the end clients come for our taste if you doing that for money, so i hope u got your clients Wink
In what way I am not humble? Because I dared to comment your mix on a damn public forum?
(01-09-2021, 03:47 PM)Omnishambles Wrote: I have no issues with this mix. Maybe it's a little thick in the 150hz range but I might be overthinking it. Overall it works. I can hear everything and the high end feels appropriate. Maybe I'd add a 1dB shelf at 10k but I don't know if it needs it.
Thanks, yeah the most important for me is to be at least in the ballpark
Mix sounds ok here .The darkness is just a preference i find fine myself.I wouldn't necessarily ball park this to country tho, its not really