Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: Never Let You Go --Knz
My mix, nice song and excellent tracks. Tried to go a bit more "intimate" on the start, and then build up from there.

edit: Some minor stuff, mainly de-ess.

edit2: Some more balancing/EQ. Should be pretty much final now, or close to it.

edit3: Some mastering and such. Shouldn't be so mid heavy now (am not on best monitoring setup, so kinda hard to judge).

.mp3    Never_Let_You_Go_Knz_Fnl_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.1 MB)

Wow that intro until the refrain was really nice mixing Big Grin! It sounds like when the drop or "refrain" comes it gets very 1k middyish in my opinion. But this was a good mix, i love the start.
(01-09-2021, 01:16 PM)crownoise Wrote: Wow that intro until the refrain was really nice mixing Big Grin! It sounds like when the drop or "refrain" comes it gets very 1k middyish in my opinion. But this was a good mix, i love the start.

Thanks for listening and feedback. I might have pushed those mids a bit too much there, tried to give it more energy to really push it up. Might give it a second listen/check/fix later to see how it feels.
The midrange problem comes from those lead synths in the Drop being too loud. Y'know, those one-note synths that play in octave. Turn them down and the problem disappears.

I feel like the vocal is too quiet in the prechorus when the song rises up into the Drop, it kinda gets lost in the mix.