Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't You Stay- RonnieJones
Very Pleasant track using most of the raw tracks. I used limited FX and compression on the instruments, a bit more on the vocals. I used a couple compressors and limiters on the lead vocal working a lot with the attack and release times and adjusting the clip gain to control the proximity effect and breaths. I used the Waves SSL channel across the board, UAD LA3, Slate FG comp and CLA76 on vocals, Waves Kramer Pie compressor on the acoustic, reamped the guitar solo. This was tracked well. I really like the sound of the overheads and placement, curious what was used. I did add a KK and SNR sample subtly underneath. The bridge vocal was tuned using Waves Tune.  IMHO The ending could have been better thought out during production. A pretty dry mix overall. Thx

.mp3    Why Dont You Stay_Ronnie Jones_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.75 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Hi!

I've not attempted this one yet. This sounds great to me. Really nice mix.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(25-08-2021, 12:33 AM)mikej Wrote: Thanks for the listen mikej. You'll enjoy mixing this one. Most of the work went into the vocals from my experience. 
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.