Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ImpAct - BackInTime 210824 (Sonic Alchemy Lab)
Comments Welcome

Cheers
Motomojo

.mp3    ImpAct - BackInTime 210824.mp3 --  (Download: 5.77 MB)

Big mix mate Smile i like to totally bigness. Maybe guitars could come up a litle.
(25-08-2021, 09:06 PM)crownoise Wrote: Big mix mate Smile i like to totally bigness. Maybe guitars could come up a litle.
Thanks Crownoise I do like em big and slammin'. Fun tune love this band.
Cheers
It's got a different intro, that's cool! I like the effects, makes it unique!
That crackling - tape effect? gets a bit old quickly though. Takes the meat out of the ending.
Some instruments seem unbalanced IMHO. Drums a bit tinny.
It does have a much wider and dramatic feel though.
(02-04-2022, 06:43 AM)MalcolmTempt Wrote: It's got a different intro, that's cool! I like the effects, makes it unique!
That crackling - tape effect? gets a bit old quickly though. Takes the meat out of the ending.
Some instruments seem unbalanced IMHO. Drums a bit tinny.
It does have a much wider and dramatic feel though.
Thx for having a listen.
Crackle is a vinyl plugin im abusing on the intro
Only. It drops out as the song begins so not sure what you are hearing at the end. Its proper use 
Is on Leslie Mendelson The Hardest Part. 
Was having a bit if fun with the title back in time vinyl being a back in time thing. Inside joke for us old farts.
As far as balance between instruments not something i adhear to in all cases Everything is there dynamics between instruments is far more important imo. Nothing is missing or sticking out unpleasently.
Cheers
Moto
Hah I get it. I'm old enough to remember vinyl before it was retro!

Yeah I meant the lead guitar part is wobbly like a really worn out tape or warped record. Maybe you were going for old-timey thing there too.

There's certainly nothing wrong, and on second listen now I realize I need to think more about dynamics!

I've done a mix if you want to give me some feedback Smile
(04-04-2022, 09:59 AM)MalcolmTempt Wrote: Hah I get it. I'm old enough to remember vinyl before it was retro!

Yeah I meant the lead guitar part is wobbly like a really worn out tape or warped record. Maybe you were going for old-timey thing there too.

There's certainly nothing wrong, and on second listen now I realize I need to think more about dynamics!

I've done a mix if you want to give me some
feedback Smile
Ah the lead i put a phase shift on that and bit of distortion to give it some movement and plays off the keys that come in. I like to experiment with odd sounds like that stuff you never get to do live.
I imagine it as live and mix as i would a live gig 
As that is my background.
Im somewhat new to this digital in the box thing and studio mixing in general so its been fun learning new stuff.
Will give you a listen.
Cheers
Moto