Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil: 'Timeless (Part 2)'
Hi!
Nice song to mix!!! Love it
For me, the difficult was on the space for the synths.
Comments are welcome.
Cheers  Big Grin

.mp3    Mekaphil_TimelessPart2 MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 9.01 MB)

Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Great balance! I really like the overall flavor of the tracks, and it sounds really clear.

I just have a couple of pieces of advice for you.
1) The synth and orch accompaniment tends to be really honky in the 1.5khz to 2.5khz area
2) The brightness of the cymbals in that same area really leads to what feels like fighting between 2k and 10khz overall. Maybe scoop some things out a little bit, maybe 2db per instrument in 1khz wide bell dips just to clean things up in that area.

Overall, I quite like your mix of this! I love your take on the bridge, especially. I like the distorted and short slappy verb thing you've got going on! Thank you very much for your mix.
(25-08-2021, 11:17 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Great balance! I really like the overall flavor of the tracks, and it sounds really clear.

I just have a couple of pieces of advice for you.
1) The synth and orch accompaniment tends to be really honky in the 1.5khz to 2.5khz area
2) The brightness of the cymbals in that same area really leads to what feels like fighting between 2k and 10khz overall. Maybe scoop some things out a little bit, maybe 2db per instrument in 1khz wide bell dips just to clean things up in that area.

Overall, I quite like your mix of this! I love your take on the bridge, especially. I like the distorted and short slappy verb thing you've got going on! Thank you very much for your mix.
Thank you very much for your opinion. Is really important for me.I will make a second try
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab