Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kung Fu - Daddy G
Hi,

My Mix.

Cheers!

.mp3    Kung Fu - Daddy D.mp3 --  (Download: 13.6 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Nice mix. Horns a little much in the intro and a bit loud in the other sections but that's nit picking and a preference thing .
Good work .
Thanks man. Yeah you could have a point there regarding the sax. It might be few db too loud compared to the drums. The moog bass might be able to come back a touch too. Might be worth a quick look sometime.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
[quote pid='111842' dateline='1629637303']
Hi Mike!

Love the mix, very full, round, and still clear. I really enjoy the smooth low mids you got on the drums and the clarity you have in the instruments. Are you using a tape emulator on the drums? If there is anything my ears want differently, it's the tiniest hint of sparkle on the drums. I usually sprinkle a little 6.2k from a neve eq emulator to give me that drum cut. I'll do it on the drum buss if the cymbals can handle it... sometimes the cymbals get a little harsh if you do that. In my mix it was too harsh on the drum buss for sure, so I moved the eq to just the snare bottom mic and that gave me the snap I was looking for without getting the harshness. I'm a drummer so I spend probably too much time aligning everything so that every detail is present. I really think your mix vibes well and the music sounds like a band jamming together, great mix!
[/quote]
Hi!

Thanks for checking it out, much appreciated.

There's no tape emulation on the drums. I think you are right that the drums could be a little brighter - maybe just a touch on the overheads perhaps.

Cheers!