Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil: 'Timeless (Part 2)' mix/master
Hey guys,

Here's my mix, that was a fun track to mix, I didn't go too far, this track could be mixed in a lot of ways.

Cheers

.mp3    Mekaphil_TimelessPart2_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.29 MB)

Hey there! I'm listening to your track, and I have a couple of points I'd make.
For one, you definitely want to do some reamping or guitar amp sim usage. The guitars are very lacking in energy without some form of distortion.
For another, it's a little fluffy in the 200hz region. Might wanna clean that up in the bass or something.

Vocal balances are good though! And the frequency spread is pretty even across the board. It could have a boost in the high end a bit, and maybe some subs in the low end. But overall, the balances are good.
(25-08-2021, 11:13 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Hey there! I'm listening to your track, and I have a couple of points I'd make.
For one, you definitely want to do some reamping or guitar amp sim usage. The guitars are very lacking in energy without some form of distortion.
For another, it's a little fluffy in the 200hz region. Might wanna clean that up in the bass or something.

Vocal balances are good though! And the frequency spread is pretty even across the board. It could have a boost in the high end a bit, and maybe some subs in the low end. But overall, the balances are good.
Hey,

Yeah, I totally forgot to put the guitars through some amp during the mix, I was focused on balancing and other stuff, then I exported without being that chocked of the raw guitars, I guess if it was an AC/DC track I would have noticed a problem at some point.

For the bass area I was also feeling it was lacking clarity, I agree.

Thanks for your comment