Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong - Never Let You Go
Hmm let's see here...

I feel like the vocal is too thin. The orig vocal recording lacks some bottom end so don't be afraid to add some more. In the first verse there's a delay on the right side that's a little distracting. You could either turn it down, make it darker, add some reverb to it or all of the above.

You could totally turn the vocal parts of song down a bit to make the instrumental section stand out more. Especially the transition from first Drop to the second verse feels little jarring since the bass in the verse is actually louder than in the Drop.

Your kick sounds are great and so is the overall amount of top and bottom end at least with the instruments.
I agree that the chorus could be stronger. I don't think it's weak or takes away from the part, but I do think it can be stronger to lend some expression to the lyrics and the melody. I went for the pad and the bass and the vocal on that part. The rest sounds good to me. Btw, did you just sneak (cut 'n paste) the chorus on the last part on us? Yep, I thought so too. Seemed like something needs to be there, and the instrumental parts are for the chorus anyway so might as well sneak it in and risk being kicked out by the songwriter. But I did it slightly differently; I only used the first part of the vocal instead of the whole thing and put a super long delay to stitch it to the next part. Somehow, it sounded more satisfying when something is there, but like I said, they (the producers) may not like it. I value creativity more than techniques bc techniques can be learned but not creativity. I'd throw another piece of meat on your plate just for that Smile. Cheers!