Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go' is that mix dawg
Hey, its a mix. Very good tracks. Good starting balance without even touching the faders. Mostly beefed things up, little cuts here and there. I like this track. Comments welcome!!! A good rest of the day to you!

.mp3    NeverLetYouGo09122021Mix6ishDrmSaturation.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

straight off theres too much reverb in the intro, did you add it to the guitar? when the lows come in its gets a bit muddy all round and the vocals get lost, the vinyl effect is too much aswell which might be causing problems, theres a good mix under it all the seperation seems ok from what i can hear, could maybe pan some more stuff
(13-09-2021, 05:12 AM)Y Wrote: straight off theres too much reverb in the intro, did you add it to the guitar? when the lows come in its gets a bit muddy all round and the vocals get lost, the vinyl effect is too much aswell which might be causing problems, theres a good mix under it all the seperation seems ok from what i can hear, could maybe pan some more stuff

Thanks, I took note of your critique and did some touching up, side-chaining and "master" work with Ozone. Big Grin

.mp3    NeverLetYouGo09122021Mix7WithOzoneMast3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

(14-09-2021, 02:51 AM)AnalogBinary Wrote:
(13-09-2021, 05:12 AM)Y Wrote: straight off theres too much reverb in the intro, did you add it to the guitar? when the lows come in its gets a bit muddy all round and the vocals get lost, the vinyl effect is too much aswell which might be causing problems, theres a good mix under it all the seperation seems ok from what i can hear, could maybe pan some more stuff

Thanks, I took note of your critique and did some touching up, side-chaining and "master" work with Ozone. Big Grin
sounds better all round to me now but i still feel like theres extra reverb on the guitar in the intro