Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Let You Go (2 hr mix)
Not a fan of pop/electronic music, but this one is really catchy. Not really my genre to mix but hope I did justice to it as always.

.mp3    Never Let You Go1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.01 MB)

What was you doing for 2 hours lol
(15-08-2021, 10:48 PM)takka360 Wrote: What was you doing for 2 hours lol
hahahaha it's over 50 tracks, I organized, color coded tracks, analyzed what each was doing to a degree, selected the tracks that drive the song.. balanced, processed accordingly.. back and forth.. more back and forth... polished somewhat, more back and forth.. uploaded.

not to mention quick breaks, referencing some other songs similar to the genre.. you think 2 hrs is too much?? lol
Listening to your mix, I noticed there was distortion in some parts of the track. It looks like some track is clipping. Haven't you noticed it?
(15-08-2021, 11:07 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote: Listening to your mix, I noticed there was distortion in some parts of the track. It looks like some track is clipping. Haven't you noticed it?
What parts.. can you give me the time stamp? So I can close in on ot.
(15-08-2021, 11:16 PM)Shul Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 11:07 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote: Listening to your mix, I noticed there was distortion in some parts of the track. It looks like some track is clipping. Haven't you noticed it?
This distortion occurs in the bass track(or the path kick2). Here are some of the selected fragments: 1m 1.8sec to 1m 3.9 sec - 1m 11.2 sec to 1m 12.9 sec - 1m 17.6 sec to 1m 19.2 sec and even more
Sounds ok to me. Are those not the timestamps where there are actually gaps in the bass track where the cymbals and synthFX3 (track 48) poke through??
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-08-2021, 11:58 PM)mikej Wrote: Sounds ok to me.  Are those not the timestamps where there are actually gaps in the bass track where the cymbals and synthFX3 (track 48) poke through??
Yeah there is a gap on the bass track. There are a few fx there that might be causing clipping. I'm away from home so I can't check it right now.. but something else I can do is back the master compression to prevent clipping if indeed is the track clipping. I'll check it
(15-08-2021, 11:31 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 11:16 PM)Shul Wrote:
This distortion occurs in the bass track(or the path kick2). Here are some of the selected fragments: 1m 1.8sec to 1m 3.9 sec - 1m 11.2 sec to 1m 12.9 sec - 1m 17.6 sec to 1m 19.2 sec and even more
Honestly man, I don't hear any clipping at all.. all I hear is the fx and the textured bass and that's about it. The drops and explosions probably sound like clipping but they are not, at least on my end. Anyone else that can confirm if clipping exist here? I'd like to hear someone else if they hear the clipping. My ears must be busted if there is lol.
Shul Wrote:The drops and explosions probably sound like clipping but they are not, at least on my end.

Yeah that was my take on it.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!