Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My attempt
Enjoy and leave your much appreciated comments.

*** UPDATE vs 3.**** for more clarity 

Drums:

waves SSS E-channel on the tracks plus VLA FET on the Bus for parallell compression

Bass Bus:

REEQ
CoffeePun
VLA 2A
Saturation Knob
REEQ

Guitar Bus:

REEQ
Rare
MJUCjr

Sax:
REEQ
Rare
VLA 2A

VOX Bus:
Rare
VLA 2A

Keys Bus:
Rare 
VLA 2A

Reverb aux:
TSAR 1-R
REEQ

VOX Aux: 
CLA Echosphere

Master Bus:
TDR VOS SlickEQ
BUSTERse
Magnetite
Ozone9 Elements

.mp3    DaddyD2.0.mp3 --  (Download: 13.59 MB)

.mp3    DaddyD3.0.mp3 --  (Download: 13.58 MB)

The second is alot better i think, the cleaning of the bass on the master made it not so slow and sluggish. Bgvs are bit poky in sidechannels but all in all i like this mix.
Thank You!
I like it! I think it has a strongish presence in the upper mids, which everything sounds pretty balanced there to me, so overall it makes it sound louder. The use of your plugins is good too, nice control on the tracks. I think if there was anything I would change, it would be to add a little more 200ish hz on a nice reverb to the snare, ( or maybe boosting around 160ish on the snare itself) to give the drums a push around over the bass a little more. The bass kinda controls that 200 region the whole time, and its close to feeling like the music is just sitting above that, but just a hair of a reverb push would give it a fuller feel. Besides that, I enjoy it and everything else to me is very good Smile
(18-08-2021, 01:07 AM)Absolutely, in first version not uploaded here, the snare was very bright. The snare is being routed to the TSAR. Ill try some EQ after the reverb to try what you suggested. Many thanks for the inputs. Very appreciated.401kBC Wrote: I like it! I think it has a strongish presence in the upper mids, which everything sounds pretty balanced there to me, so overall it makes it sound louder. The use of your plugins is good too, nice control on the tracks. I think if there was anything I would change, it would be to add a little more 200ish hz on a nice reverb to the snare, ( or maybe boosting around 160ish on the snare itself) to give the drums a push around over the bass a little more. The bass kinda controls that 200 region the whole time, and its close to feeling like the music is just sitting above that, but just a hair of a reverb push would give it a fuller feel. Besides that, I enjoy it and everything else to me is very good Smile