Poll: Do you like the mix?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I like it
100.00%
1 100.00%
No, don't like
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earforce MIx
I spent the most time to get the snare sounding to my taste. And the Bass was a bit challenging. The rest was quick.
I didnt like that Telefunken Sessions not much at the beginning, because of the bleeds. Some recordings have more others few. But learned that they are not a great problem, if you deal with right. If you try to get rid of them, your are in trouble.

.mp3    KungFu_Daddy.mp3 --  (Download: 13.58 MB)

(14-08-2021, 03:38 PM)earforce Wrote: I spent the most time to get the snare sounding to my taste. And the Bass was a bit challenging. The rest was quick.
I didnt like that Telefunken Sessions not much at the beginning, because of the bleeds. Some recordings have more others few. But learned that they are not a great problem, if you deal with right. If you try to get rid of them, your are in trouble.
Hello there! I think the mix is balanced very good. bass is good to me, but everything feels slightly bright to contrary though. The snare has a nice top end, to me it sounds peaky around 1-3kish, but its nice. It kinda feels behind some of the elements in the music, so a small Q bump around 200-500hz would give it just a little more size. That chamber track is important to give the drums that big energy feel it needs. Its a big part of the song. It needs to be big, somewhat scooped and hold all of the aftermath sound of the transients hits. Vocals from 4k up could use a de esser, but I think a short, rich sounding, dark plate reverb with a delay of 110ms -150ms would do magic to set the vocals in the right place. Also to keep the listening perception, put it on the guitar solo. I know what you mean about that bleed! I basically set up noise gates where I could put them(Toms, Keys), and I let some of the bleed back through -40dbs or so to not completely kill the energy. Anyways good mix Smile
(14-08-2021, 10:41 PM)401kBC Wrote: [quote pid='111609' dateline='1628951935']
Hello there! I think the mix is balanced very good. bass is good to me, but everything feels slightly bright to contrary though. The snare has a nice top end, to me it sounds peaky around 1-3kish, but its nice. It kinda feels behind some of the elements in the music, so a small Q bump around 200-500hz would give it just a little more size. That chamber track is important to give the drums that big energy feel it needs. Its a big part of the song. It needs to be big, somewhat scooped and hold all of the aftermath sound of the transients hits. Vocals from 4k up could use a de esser, but I think a short, rich sounding, dark plate reverb with a delay of 110ms -150ms would do magic to set the vocals in the right place. Also to keep the listening perception, put it on the guitar solo. I know what you mean about that bleed! I basically set up noise gates where I could put them(Toms, Keys), and I let some of the bleed back through -40dbs or so to not completely kill the energy. Anyways good mix Smile

[/quote]
Thank you! With the bleeds, one may not try to element them all. That sounds unnatural. Just pull them done were it is not disturbing anything. Sometimes a compress Room or OV Tracks with a sidechain from a snare track, to pull down the snare. Just quick release just to get the transients down. With the reverb I will give it a try.
So, reworked version online.

.mp3    KungFu_Daddy.mp3 --  (Download: 13.58 MB)