Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)' NEW VERSION
Hi,

I'm just new in this forum and currently trying to mixing "Alive (Yet free) by Mekaphil.
First thing first..i really love the quality or recording and editing and have a great MIDI drum sound.

Note : I dont put Limiter when i'am mixdown, i ljust let the meter on master -3,5 dbfs, so sorry if the volume too low.

So, kindly need your advice on this version
Thanks

.mp3    ALIVE YET FREE MIXING_r2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

Thank you for your mix! Ask and you shall receive, as they say.
First off, the vocal mix is solid! However, here's something that'll DeFINITELY help you out:
-That BASS guitar is SUPER loud. It could come down maybe 5-6db and still be noticeable. If you're trying to get it to cut, I recommend putting some distortion and a limiter on it. That'll control it and make it sound louder without taking up so much space. I mean, all my mixes are super 100hz heavy because I like how it feels, but you've got 100hz for days. That bass is also fighting with the kick in the 100hz area. If you want to cut 100hz from the kick and boost a little 50-60hz on it, that would probably give you what you want.

-The lead guitar is very loud relative to the rest of the mix... but it feels like it would be at a good level if the rest of my notes came true.

-400hz and 5khz on the rhythm guitars should absolutely be boosted. They'd come out so much nicer. You should also bring them up a little in volume.
-Everything feels like it had the 2k scooped out. Maybe that's not always a bad thing, but even just pushing up the 2k by 3db on the master buss felt like an improvement. So maybe scoop a little less of that from everything, and the effect will be cumulative?
-A 15khz shelf on the master buss boosting maybe 3-4db would definitely bring some of the air out of this mix that it needs.

Those slight balance issues and EQ issues can be resolved pretty quickly and easily and I feel like it would be totally fine!
Thank you for doing a mix, and I hope that helped you a bit. Since I'm the original artist, I figured my perspective might be useful! Smile