Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kung Fu: 'Daddy G' (new mix )
My mix.not rough and not mastered  Big Grin
Hi.I wanted to know your thoughts..I used eq for all of the instruments .Added reverb and delay them but I did not use de esser  and compressor.Mix still continue.Hope you like it.All comments are welcome.(I did not use reverb and delay for drums.)
Hey Mammy! I actually like that is master is a bit "chopped" in the transients, somehow feel i hear that in this mix, feels like the transient roof is low sort of. I went the completely other way haha! but i think boht aproaches work. I also like the style with beefy sustainy kick. Tone in snare is really nice. For me guitar could come up with some altered tones to it, maybe get use the free plugin stereo touch from voxengo on it to gain some extra sideinfo and take it from there, maybe some chorus or delays or reverb. I had a Phaser on it afterwards. Sometimes Stereo touch brings alot of bass into the sidechannels so you might need to back it of afterwards, i don't really find the basscut into the plug working that often. If that doesn't work, or only at some extent i often bring the "pluginwet" on that plug back a bit and put a MStereoExpander afterwards from meldaproducts. I like it mono but feels you have alot headroom in the sidechannels that you can utalize with some effects for the guitar to make it bit more intressting.
(11-08-2021, 03:41 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Mammy! I actually like that is master is a bit "chopped" in the transients, somehow feel i hear that in this mix, feels like the transient roof is low sort of. I went the completely other way haha! but i think boht aproaches work. I also like the style with beefy sustainy kick. Tone in snare is really nice. For me guitar could come up with some altered tones to it, maybe get use the free plugin stereo touch from voxengo on it to gain some extra sideinfo and take it from there, maybe some chorus or delays or reverb. I had a Phaser on it afterwards. Sometimes Stereo touch brings alot of bass into the sidechannels so you might need to back it of afterwards, i don't really find the basscut into the plug working that often. If that doesn't work, or only at some extent i often bring the "pluginwet" on that plug back a bit and put a MStereoExpander afterwards from meldaproducts. I like it mono but feels you have alot headroom in the sidechannels that you can utalize with some effects for the guitar to make it bit more intressting.

Thanks for your suggestions and  priceless comments Dear Crownoise .