Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will Evans - Me And My Crew [Andrey Benassi] MIX]
Hey, how are you guys doing?
This is a "I need to mix it" song, I just had fun with the colours and the groove that they provided to us!
Didn't want to sound like the original mix so it could be a bit different.
It was a fast mix, so it don't have minimum detail adjustments.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

.mp3    Will Evans - Andrey Benassi Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
I like this mix! To be nitty when the lvl is this high i would prefer to not have that much transients in drums , or alter the transients to more higher frequencies, feels a bit 2 mid poky for my own taste but it totally works i think.
(09-08-2021, 10:00 PM)crownoise Wrote: I like this mix! To be nitty when the lvl is this high i would prefer to not have that much transients in drums , or alter the transients to more higher frequencies, feels a bit 2 mid poky for my own taste but it totally works i think.
Oh, I think I get your point, I would lower the drums a bit listening now after a while! Thanks for the feedback!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
[email protected]
Very nice warm and close mix very good,iam gonna give this one a go.
Reaper user
Vocal could be cleaner, it's too warm to the point it's muddy for me. Balances are pretty solid the only thing i'm missing is the keys. Also way too loud for me.
Solid all the way around. Oh it's too loud. Wait. I have a volume control. Wow! Technology amazes me.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Great solid mix!
Cheers!
buena mezcla , solida, pero al borde de la distorsion. Deberias fijarte en los nuevos estandares de mezcla -14 lufs, la guerra del volumen termino. Loudness war is over man.
(22-09-2021, 04:23 PM)flyrecords Wrote: buena mezcla , solida, pero al borde de la distorsion. Deberias fijarte en los nuevos estandares de mezcla -14 lufs, la guerra del volumen termino. Loudness war is over man.
Thanks, dude!

I think it's a long conversation, but I don't think that 'loudness war' has over, I still mix aiming for loud mixes, but now it's just where I feel comfortable and not for the loudness war itself!

Cheers!
[email protected]
I can't listen to the mix at the moment but I think it's important for us to remember that 'loudness' is, or at least should be, the realm of the Mastering engineer. I'm not saying that this mix is too loud or not loud enough or just right but I think for us on the forum 'loudness' shouldn't be a main concern. I get it, it's part of the process and another element we'd like to master (no pun intended) so it's not meant as a slight to those who wish to push those boundaries but it's not necessarily a part of mixing. Or at least, shouldn't be.

And there's a separate mastering section of the board (https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/foru...hp?fid=549) we could all take advantage of.