• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricky Legend: 'Comet'
rough mix-mastered
softube weiss plugins
u-he satin tape saturation

Ghost of Mammy
Mammy -

It's like you never left us Smile.

Personally I feel you might be better off posting final, fully polished mastered mixes, rather than "rough" (yet mastered?) mixes. Titling a mix "rough" to me suggests that you know you can do better, so why not post the absolute best mix you can?

I don't know about anyone else but it takes me a reasonable amount of time to critique a mix. I much prefer to spend time critiquing an honest best effort, rather than a self confessed "rough" mix?

If you wish to practice mastering, there is a whole forum here dedicated to just that to get involved with.

Is there anything specific mixing wise that you are looking to practice and improve on? I am genuinely confused by these posts!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(01-08-2021, 02:33 PM)mikej Wrote: Mammy -

It's like you never left us Smile.

Personally I feel you might be better off posting final, fully polished mastered mixes, rather than "rough" (yet mastered?) mixes.  Titling a mix "rough" to me suggests that you know you can do better, so why not post the absolute best mix you can? 

I don't know about anyone else but it takes me a reasonable amount of time to critique a mix.  I much prefer to spend time critiquing an honest best effort, rather than a self confessed "rough" mix?

If you wish to practice mastering, there is a whole forum here dedicated to just that to get involved with.

Is there anything specific mixing wise that you are looking to practice and improve on?  I am genuinely confused by these posts!

Cheers!
Thanks for your comments Dear Mikej.
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
That was a quick update!

Mix 2 is nearly very good.

By way of polish I feel you might be able to add a bit more bass and mid range on the master bus - say a boost around 100Hz and 4k - up to 4-5dB perhaps? Check with the reference mix - what do you think?

The vocal feels just a little dry and a bit too forward in the mix compared to the backing track until the first chorus - I think it could sit a little better. I think the vocal feels better from the chorus on.

You might be able to add just a little more width to the backing track too with some mid-side or something too maybe?

Does this help?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(01-08-2021, 06:57 PM)mikej Wrote: That was a quick update!

Mix 2 is nearly very good. 

By way of polish I feel you might be able to add a bit more bass and mid range on the master bus - say a boost around 100Hz and 4k - up to 4-5dB perhaps?  Check with the reference mix - what do you think?

The vocal feels just a little dry and a bit too forward in the mix compared to the backing track until the first chorus - I think it could sit a little better.  I think the vocal feels better from the chorus on. 

You might be able to add just a little more width to the backing track too with some mid-side or something too maybe?

Does this help?

Cheers!

Thank you Mikej.It helps .I remastered and rebalanced the mix and I added masterbus saturation but mix is still not finished.
It's a bit late here so I am listening on headphones. It' s sounding pretty good now I think. The vocal is certainly sitting much better and I like the added width too.

Cheers!
(02-08-2021, 12:14 AM)mikej Wrote: It's a bit late here so I am listening on headphones.  It' s sounding pretty good now I think. The vocal is certainly sitting much better and I like the added width too.

Cheers!
Thank You Mikej ?