Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Nostalgic" mix from a newbie me!
hello everyone! first time using this forum Blush
I am learning mixing now, and tried to finish one. It sounds not bad to me but I don't know whether it is only my fantasy 
Please feel free to leave any comments! I'll appreciate that and keep on learning

.mp3    strobe - nostalgic.mp3 --  (Download: 5.75 MB)

(25-07-2021, 03:45 PM)MixterPu Wrote: hello everyone! first time using this forum Blush
I am learning mixing now, and tried to finish one. It sounds not bad to me but I don't know whether it is only my fantasy 
Please feel free to leave any comments! I'll appreciate that and keep on learning

Hey MixterPu, welcome here at Cambridge.
- the mix is very nice balanced and natural
- I was listening to all songs in this thread an I think you are in the TOP 5
- the only things you should listen again is:
Mainvox: a little more deessing and a shorter reverb
I like your mix

Greets Matz
(25-07-2021, 04:40 PM)Matz Wrote: [quote pid='111169' dateline='1627224331']

Hey MixterPu, welcome here at Cambridge.
- the mix is very nice balanced and natural
- I was listening to all songs in this thread an I think you are in the TOP 5
- the only things you should listen again is:
Mainvox: a little more deessing and a shorter reverb
I like your mix

Greets Matz

[/quote]

Hey Matz! thanks for listening and advise and complement Big Grin it means something to me in this pandemic days

And about your comment:

- deessing - yeah after deessing the lead vox, I may have brightened it a little bit with an analog EQ in order to try to get some "industrial song" sheen, but don't know if it works eventually. I'll look into my deesser setting!

- reverb and delays are weakness to me. Not sure what kinds of delay I can utilize, the concept just hasn't built in my mind.
    and the current reverb I used on voxs beside room is a 4 seconds-long plate being sidechained by lead vocals (is this the so-called "throw back"?)
    I wanna show a outer space-ish view, since this song give me that scenery. But overall I am still figuring out how much volume of reverbs I should give

Thanks again for your comment!!
I like this also.  A nice clarity and space throughout. I love the builds,  releases and the use of the synths.  Well Done.