Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Nostalgic
REALLY like this song.  My wife loves it, actually.  One of the rare times where she didn't mind hearing it over and over again.

* edit. Not sure why it's cutting off the last few seconds. I've tried re-uploading it several times and my 6.1 MB file always gets reduced to a 5.79 MB file where the last few seconds doesn't play.

.mp3    Strobe_Nostalgic6.mp3 --  (Download: 5.79 MB)

Hey Untgregory Smile I like this mix, its leaned towards an emotional sound which i like. Also this mix contains a really beefy bass, specially on some certain bassy (really low) frequencies which i missed in the bass synth in my own. I feel that those "loopclicks" or whatever i should call it could get more utalized though. I think there are many creative ways to go with those kind of loops.
(20-07-2021, 02:33 PM)untgregory Wrote: REALLY like this song.  My wife loves it, actually.  One of the rare times where she didn't mind hearing it over and over again.

* edit.  Not sure why it's cutting off the last few seconds.  I've tried re-uploading it several times and my 6.1 MB file always gets reduced to a 5.79 MB file where the last few seconds doesn't play.
I like your mix. It has good taste and good equalization.

I think your monitoring might be holding you back from making bigger leaps by working more energy in the bass and a little less done in the vocals 

Smile
(22-07-2021, 03:57 AM)igorcomerio Wrote:
(20-07-2021, 02:33 PM)untgregory Wrote: REALLY like this song.  My wife loves it, actually.  One of the rare times where she didn't mind hearing it over and over again.

* edit.  Not sure why it's cutting off the last few seconds.  I've tried re-uploading it several times and my 6.1 MB file always gets reduced to a 5.79 MB file where the last few seconds doesn't play.
I like your mix. It has good taste and good equalization.

I think your monitoring might be holding you back from making bigger leaps by working more energy in the bass and a little less done in the vocals 

Smile
You are 100% correct.  I live in a condo/apartment and my monitoring system is a pair of JBL mkIIs and some headphones for dialing in bass.  Thank you!  It lets me know that if I did break down and invest in some monitoring, I could actually improve.
Suggestion: Neumann Kh80 + MA1 and a GIK-style acoustic treatment Acoustics = Success
(22-07-2021, 03:19 PM)igorcomerio Wrote: Suggestion: Neumann Kh80 + MA1 and a GIK-style acoustic treatment Acoustics = Success
I agree on the acoustic treatment, but I can't imagine the 4 inch speakers would be too different from my 5 inch MkIIs?  If anything, I probably need a sub, right?