Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil - Alive (Yet Free)
Hello everyone, here is my mix [Image: blush.gif]

Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks.

.mp3    Mekaphil - Alive (Yet Free).mp3 --  (Download: 9.3 MB)

Howdy! Super sorry it took me so long to respond. First off, I want to say thank you so much for doing a mix of our song! Smile It means a lot to me. And I can tell you put your heart and soul into this one! So for what it's worth, thank you for mixing this!

Second off, I want to go through a list of things that I feel would just bring this mix that final 5% to completion.
For one thing, I feel like this mix is a wee bit lacking in the mid range from 350hz to maybe around 1.5khz. A lot of this would absolutely bring the vocals and guitars more to life.
For another, it's a wee bit 4k heavy. Again, you could probably dip that in the guitars ever so slightly and it would be perfect. Doesn't take much!
And lastly, I feel like it tapers ooff really heavily over 6k. You could honestly just high shelf everything over 15khz with a gentle slope and raise it until everything feels like it's shiny and comes forward to you.

With those 3 little tweaks, your mix goes from really good to really great. I notice you were able to get it really loud and really solid as well, but consider putting a slight high pass (like maybe 6db per octave at 50hz to 60hz) on the master before you hit a limiter. The low end is really strong, but it could taper off gently and you could free up headroom without losing the punch!
All of these are things that I would probably do if I was mastering your mix, honestly. But if I got this as a mix, I'd be a happy engineer. You did a really good job!