Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Today is the Day" by NotJack
Great song! I tried to keep the spirit of the song intact . I created a kick and snare sample from the recorded kit a used to to add some consistensy while keeping it natural sounding. I reamped the guitars because the original was much too honky in the mids and lacked a lot of meatiness for my taste. Overall I think this song was well engineered and made it a joy to mix. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Today Is The Day.mp3 --  (Download: 9.52 MB)

Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
After listening to it for a bit I made a few tweaks. I tried to make the kick and bass guitar more clear without fighting each other. I also automated the guitars in some spots and brought down some of the FX on the vocals to make them more clear.

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Today Is The Day revision.mp3 --  (Download: 9.52 MB)

Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
I see you have your monitors now, huh. Well, I just got a pair too a few days ago. Here's what I hear from your mix.
Frequency balance: Nice response for the bass, mid, and top
Volume balance: I think the bass can be louder, very nice snare, woody and snappy, nice hats/ride, kick can be a bit louder
instruments definitions: guitars are a bit rich in the 100-300Hz making less meaty and less punchy, very nice vocal

If you have time, please let me know how my mix translates on your end? Thanks