Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
63 - Eat The Feeder - Todays The Day
Hello,
My Mix
Thanks
Bob

.mp3    63 - Eat The Feeder - Todays The Day.mp3 --  (Download: 10.6 MB)

Hi!
Not bad mix. For my taste, the whole mix sounds very harsh and the drums needs to be more solid.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(15-07-2021, 05:07 PM)supep Wrote: Hi!
Not bad mix. For my taste, the whole mix sounds very harsh and the drums needs to be more solid.
Cheers
Hello,
Thanks for the advice they are always welcome ...... I'm still working on it and I will put a second version ...
Thank you
Greetings
Some improvements .....
Thanks
Bob

.mp3    63 - Eat The Feeder - Todays The Day V.2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.77 MB)

I just got a pair of new monitors (yamaha hs8) so I decided to listen to your mix and see how it translate on my end. Here's how I hear it:

1. frequency balance: very little bass, midrange a little crunchy, brittle, top end very nice. The whole mix is a bit bright.
2. Instruments definitions: I can hear the instrument and tell what they are
3. Volume balance: need more bass, I think the vocal is a little loud in some parts. I like the snare in the beginning but I also notice that it make the entrance snare less powerful. Maybe bc it's too loud relatively?
4. Separation: sounds good, I can hear kick, snare, guitars, bass, etc...

Well, that's how your mix translates in my very little treated room and the Yamaha HS8. Someone else with different system may hear it differently. But the key is to get it as closely as possible to all system, right?
If you have time, please listen to my mix and let me know how it translates to your system? Thanks.
Hello dear friend,
Thanks for listening to the mix it's good feedback for me.
I mix in ITB and I do it for pure self-taught passion, I'm not a professional and I deal with other things in life.Unfortunately I don't have a listening system available.
For my mixes I use the Koss KSC75 headphones and for final listening I use the Monolith M1060 planar magneto headphones.
I am trying to optimize my workflow to always try to have a better result but I often struggle to get a good balance I also believe that the snare drum in the early part is too high but in all the initial intros I tend to raise a few db and this should be corrected.
In the end when you publish a new post with a mix you always think you have done the best for your possibilities also because I work a lot on it in general and it is not easy to get good results. Thank you for the feedback you gave me the criticisms and appreciations are always useful to improve.
As soon as possible I will listen to your work and I will let you know, consider that my listening is only on headphones. Take my possible comment as the comment of a non-professional on the threshold of 60 years who however thinks he has good ears .. ..
Thank you so much
Bob