Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil: 'Alive
hi there, cool song, i like it.
here is my mix,
regards

.mp3    mekaphil.mp3 --  (Download: 9.23 MB)

.mp3    022.mp3 --  (Download: 9.28 MB)

Nice mix! I like how loud and punchy it is. The background vocals are at a good level and the scream in the chorus sounds as distinct as it should! The blending of the vocals is good.
My main critiques would be,
1) the synth is a little too loud relative to the rest of the track
2) The song is pretty scooped sounding. If you cut like, 4khz by a lot and scooped a little bit of 80-90hz, you'd be able to bring up a TON of midrange (400hz all the way up to about 1.2khz) and even boost some high end at like 8khz with a shelf. This would fill out the spectrum and make it still hyped but it would translate better across systems because it would be flatter and everything would fit better.

Overall, it's a good balance and it sounds pretty good! It just needs some shaping tonally so that it doesn't fatigue on the ears as much, and so that the vocals don't get buried by the synth haha.
aftercutrecords,
thanks for your feedback.
i think the best mixes were made in the eighties, with a lot of lowcut and transparency.
i'm not a fan of "modern brutalism", and to be honest, striving for linearity in sound engineering results in boring mixes. but everyone has their own taste ... I made a quick fader up mix today (see initial post) without automation, which takes your criticisms into account, I hope. I would be happy to receive a short feedback from you,
regards
It definitely sounds good! It's just still a tad hairy in that 2k to 4k region. I would personally throw Soothe on it if it was my mix, but you could probably use a dynamic eq just to prevent it from getting out of hand during.
That's what I would say could improve it. Otherwise, good balances and good sounds overall!