Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Mckey- Daisy Daisy
Struggled with this one !
Comments and Advice welcome as usual Big Grin !
Hopefully Version 2 sounds a touch better Big Grin

.mp3    Daisy Daisy-V1...mp3 --  (Download: 8.11 MB)

.mp3    Daisy 22-3-15-7v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.33 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

is there something wrong with the cymbals in the tracking? generally thought there was way too much going on in the HMF's which made for stress here.....but the vibe is coming.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
(08-05-2014, 09:44 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: is there something wrong with the cymbals in the tracking? generally thought there was way too much going on in the HMF's which made for stress here.....but the vibe is coming.

Thanks Dave for having a listen !

The cymbals were hard to control ,when I get a touch more practice, I might have another go at this mix Big Grin !

Thanks !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Had another play around with the overheads !
Quite good mix in it's simplicity and coherence. Smooth bass sound and good level for this song but it's slightly too much upfront (could be 1dB to 0.5dB down). Kick could have more content in range from 500-20000 or 5000Hz with slight accent on 400-1000Hz giving it more definition without sounding too klicky.
There is some infrasonic content left, I guess it was intended as it can give more natural airy feeling when played trough headphones and speakers with well balanced low frequency response.
(30-03-2015, 10:17 PM)sysrq Wrote: Quite good mix in it's simplicity and coherence. Smooth bass sound and good level for this song but it's slightly too much upfront (could be 1dB to 0.5dB down). Kick could have more content in range from 500-20000 or 5000Hz with slight accent on 400-1000Hz giving it more definition without sounding too klicky.
There is some infrasonic content left, I guess it was intended as it can give more natural airy feeling when played trough headphones and speakers with well balanced low frequency response.
I agree the bass and kick definitely needs more work !
Thanks for having taking the time for a detailed listen and feedback Big Grin