Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mix Attempt
Like the fx on the snare.

The balance is nice overall, i would only make the sidestick less upfront so it sits i little further away in the mix.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Thanks for your comments - much appreciated!

Hi Clinton

Well... this music is maybe the one i'm listening the few but as a professionnal, i sometimes do !
To my ears it sounds pretty smooth "tranquille" and well balanced. I agree with Mike about the top end and would appreciate a more solid and deep low end. Just a few cents of dB.. maybe multiband compression just below 100 could do the job, to make the song "sit" in its rocking ragga chair Smile
I'm not fan of the flanger effect on the snare as it happens all the time. Why not if it's an effect, but as a texture for the all song, it sounds like boring to me and attract me to focus on it, loosing perception for the rest. But this is really a very subjective point of view, i know some would love it !

Good job !
Hi Xabi,

Thanks for your comments.

Personally I find that the phased snare keeps the interest going throughout the sparse arrangement - different artistic tastes, I guess Wink

As for the low end in hind sight I think that your suggestion of adding some more 'control' to the 100Hz region could tighten the low end a bit more.

Thanks again for your critique - keep them coming!

Cheers,

Clinton
You're welcom Clinton !
Feel free to comment as much and as hard as you want mines Smile

See ya for new mixing adventures
Bit of an old post...but here it goes.
I think it sounds a lot like many tunes that were on a London radio show called Monansah on Kiss FM.
By that I mean it could quite easily melt into the schedule any given night alongside the softer producer's of the early 80s Lovers Rock. Not a Ball Whackey or a King Tubby or Scientist production. But authentic enough to ride alongside the softer side of reggae. By that I mean its not a Dub. But could easily be the A-Side.
Good vibe. Good mix.

James
London
I really like the effects on the snare hits. Makes it sound like a steel drum. Very apropos.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]