Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Cali - Crazy
Hello everyone, this is my mix for this song. Any feedback is welcome  Wink

.mp3    Ryan Cali - Crazy.mp3 --  (Download: 8.3 MB)

.mp3    Ryan Cali - Crazy ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.3 MB)

Cool mix Mike Smile i like it.
Hi Mike!
I like your second version, has more beat.
Your effects that you added sound very interesting
the only thing that i wouldn't do, it will be using autopaning the H.H
But besides that, good job!
Cheers Pal!
Hey Mike!
Really good punchy mix Smile
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(11-07-2021, 07:56 PM)Unknow Mixer Wrote: Hi Mike!
I like your second version, has more beat.
Your effects that you added sound very interesting
the only thing that i wouldn't do, it will be using autopaning the H.H
But besides that, good job!
Cheers Pal!
Thank you Unknow Mixer!
(12-07-2021, 10:32 PM)supep Wrote: Hey Mike!
Really good punchy mix Smile
Cheers
Thank you supep!
(11-07-2021, 01:01 PM)crownoise Wrote: Cool mix Mike Smile i like it.
Thank you! I appreciate it!
I listened to v2. I like it. My only issue is while the instruments are fairly punchy, aggressive etc the vocals feel a bit muted and dull by comparison. I think what would put this mix over the top, in a good way, is if the vocals had as much energy as the other parts. Without going overboard. If that all makes sense.

Good job
(18-07-2021, 02:09 PM)RoyM Wrote: I listened to v2. I like it. My only issue is while the instruments are fairly punchy, aggressive etc the vocals feel a bit muted and dull by comparison. I think what would put this mix over the top, in a good way, is if the vocals had as much energy as the other parts. Without going overboard. If that all makes sense.

Good job
Thanks for your advice RoyM!I appreciate it! I get it. It's my first rap song, that I mixed and I really struggling with the vocals. I know, the vocals in rap are very important, so I'll try to focus more on the vocals next time.
I get it. I don't really do much rap either. But I tend to think "Ok these guys (generally) want to capture the room. They want all eyes on them". So in a rap mix I try to make the vocals the focus. Not necessarily the loudest but mix them in a way that you can't look away.