Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)'
Hi!
I really like this song. Super power jajajaja
This is my try. Comments welcome Smile
Cheers

*2n version with some improvements!

.mp3    Mekaphil_AliveYetFree master1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.43 MB)

.mp3    Mekaphil_AliveYetFree master2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
While I like the overall balance and the tones of everything, I do have two points of criticism:
1) The main vocals in particular are a little buried at times, and in particular during the verses the synth could come down to leave some room for the vocals.
2) Everything over 5k feels like there's a blanket on it. This could overall come up more and the drums, guitars, and vocals would all benefit from it. It just feels really clean in the lows and mids, which is fantastic! But the high end is where a lot of the energy and impact are for this track. I do hope that you do another revision and let the high end of a lot of these tracks come up a bit more Smile

Overall, you did a really good job and I like it! It just feels like the mastering phase was where it went too "warm" as opposed to "bright".
Thank you for your mix!
(09-07-2021, 02:48 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: While I like the overall balance and the tones of everything, I do have two points of criticism:
1) The main vocals in particular are a little buried at times, and in particular during the verses the synth could come down to leave some room for the vocals.
2) Everything over 5k feels like there's a blanket on it. This could overall come up more and the drums, guitars, and vocals would all benefit from it. It just feels really clean in the lows and mids, which is fantastic! But the high end is where a lot of the energy and impact are for this track. I do hope that you do another revision and let the high end of a lot of these tracks come up a bit more Smile

Overall, you did a really good job and I like it! It just feels like the mastering phase was where it went too "warm" as opposed to "bright".
Thank you for your mix!
Hey man! thanks for your words.
I'm absolutelly agree with you.
On the original post you can find a second version. In this track I put fresh air on vocals for verses and drops. A little more bright on guitars by pultec and 2 dB for the overheads. After, I push 1 db more the drums bus to get a litlle more of impact.
I hope that this new version is a little better that the first.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab