Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe: 'Nostalgic'
Hi!
This is my try for this really good song.
I had problems with the "ss" of the vocals.
Comments welcome
Cheers!!!   Smile Smile

.mp3    Strobe_Nostalgic MASTER1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.53 MB)

Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
As a point: I made a HPF and LPF on the verses. This is a little experiment to open more the sound on the drops.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(06-07-2021, 07:34 PM)supep Wrote: Hi!
Comments welcome
Cheers!!!   Smile Smile

Your mix is in very good taste.
Suggestion, investigate your acoustics and monitoring, it's filtering out the bass too much, probably something related to your room's decay modes and time.
Hi!

Yeah good effort!

I think you got the 'ss' ok? It's a difficult one as it's kind of a cool part of this vocal style at the same time. You perhaps might want to think about keeping the backing elements from getting in the way of the vocal a bit though - at 0:22, 0:47, 2:20 for example?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(07-07-2021, 12:38 AM)igorcomerio Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 07:34 PM)supep Wrote: Hi!
Comments welcome
Cheers!!!   Smile Smile

Your mix is in very good taste.
Suggestion, investigate your acoustics and monitoring, it's filtering out the bass too much, probably something related to your room's decay modes and time.
Hi Igor!
thanks for your words. I had fltered the verses on 80 Hz to keep the low end for the drops. The drops have a low pass filter on 35 Hz only for security. Is strange if you listen that there is no low end. I will check it.
Thanks!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(07-07-2021, 02:09 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Yeah good effort! 

I think you got the 'ss' ok? It's a difficult one as it's kind of a cool part of this vocal style at the same time.  You perhaps might want to think about keeping the backing elements from getting in the way of the vocal a bit though - at 0:22, 0:47, 2:20 for example?

Cheers!
Hi Mikej,
thanks for your comment.
Sorry for mny english XD In this times (0:22, 0:47....) what occurs? Backing elements are too present?
Thanks!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Hi!

Yes!

I think the lead vocal is not so easy to hear at those times because the backing elements are too present.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!