Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Widow - Friday Night Mix
Hello Everyone,
Here is my mix of "Widow". A jaunt out of my familiar genres, but that's where you really learn things! As always comments and criticisms are welcome and encouraged! Thanks for listening.

.mp3    Widow 2-14-14.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)

cool mix!! I like the bass and the sense of distance on the sample voice. I like it Smile
mixing since April 2013
I felt the low end in this mix seemed to have some issues. First of all the subsonic stuff doesn't really seem to connect with the rest of the spectrum well. Also it sounds like you have some processing which seems to distort somewhat whenever kick and bass plays at the same time. I'm not hearing what note the bass is playing when kick hits and I'm not hearing the kick drum very well altogether for that matter.

I felt just a tad more vocal compression might make the vocals sit in the mix better. Especially during the choruses where there's more vocal tracks altogether every other vowel seems to jump at my face.

It's good that you've prioritized vocals and the rhythm section over the harmonic. It's usually the easy way to make this kind of song work.