Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alive (yet free) - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    Alive (yet free) MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

.mp3    Alive (yet free) MP 3 02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.22 MB)

Hey man! I'm listening to the mix right now. And my first thoughts are as such:

1) Good opening! Everything feels a little disconnected though. I feel like a little more distortion on the guitars would help blend things. Better
2) The vocals sound good! They're just kinda mid heavy.
3) I like the effects you used on the weird part. It was dope!
4) The dynamics were well maintained throughout the track, which is really good!
5) I like the level of the background vocals. They're very well balanced!
6) The lead guitar is really nice! I dig the tone of it. Very well suited to the track.

Overall, the track seems to be kinda hollow from 1k to 2k, a little TOO edgy at 4k, and could possibly use more air at like 15k. A lot of this could be improved just by making the electric guitars a little more aggressive on the rhythm side. They have a lovely jangly tone, but they're really not filling out that midrange like they could. I think the lack of air is mostly the fact that the overheads are kinda low in the mix.

Good job though! I like your take on it.
(06-07-2021, 01:37 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Hey man! I'm listening to the mix right now. And my first thoughts are as such:

1) Good opening! Everything feels a little disconnected though. I feel like a little more distortion on the guitars would help blend things. Better
2) The vocals sound good! They're just kinda mid heavy.
3) I like the effects you used on the weird part. It was dope!
4) The dynamics were well maintained throughout the track, which is really good!
5) I like the level of the background vocals. They're very well balanced!
6) The lead guitar is really nice! I dig the tone of it. Very well suited to the track.

Overall, the track seems to be kinda hollow from 1k to 2k, a little TOO edgy at 4k,  and could possibly use more air at like 15k. A lot of this could be improved just by making the electric guitars a little more aggressive on the rhythm side. They have a lovely jangly tone, but they're really not filling out that midrange like they could. I think the lack of air is mostly the fact that the overheads are kinda low in the mix.

Good job though! I like your take on it.
I thank you for your feedback.
I´ll try another approach from this song.

Smile  Cheers