Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nostalgic mix Igor Comerio
I accept suggestions

.mp3    Strobe Mix_R_1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.78 MB)

Hi Igor!
Really good mix!
As a little point, the guitar needs more bright to listen more "rasgueo" .
But really good mix.
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(06-07-2021, 10:57 PM)supep Wrote: Hi Igor!
Really good mix!
As a little point, the guitar needs more bright to listen more "rasgueo" .
But really good mix.
Cheers!
 Thanks i will adjust the guitar
Smile
Very nice. Vocal is very good. Guitar feels a little thick around the middle and in opposition to the vocal.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I think the vocal could come back a little in the first verse. Maybe overall. I rather like the fuller guitar sound and don't feel like it gets in the way of the vocal but supports it. Maybe it could be a little thinner but it only jumps out at me in the verse when there's other low end instruments going on.
(08-07-2021, 12:00 AM)RoyM Wrote: I think the vocal could come back a little in the first verse. Maybe overall. I rather like the fuller guitar sound and don't feel like it gets in the way of the vocal but supports it. Maybe it could be a little thinner but it only jumps out at me in the verse when there's other low end instruments going on.
I agree with you about the vocal in the beginning, it skips the mix a little bit. I didn't do any automation in this mix because I usually use this space to practice more aesthetics and frequency balance, but in fact this change would be important for a better result.

Thanks for the contribution
(07-07-2021, 11:03 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nice. Vocal is very good. Guitar feels a little thick around the middle and in opposition to the vocal.
Thank you very much for the suggestion. To be honest I found the guitar with a lot of bass and a closed sound from the recording, I even tried to bring more shine but I think it escaped the original idea of the composition. That strong bass that led me to slightly shift the pan. I understand your consideration and think it's valid. If I had the possibility I would ask for a new recording with a more open sound and maybe with a stereo mic technique
(08-07-2021, 03:29 AM)igorcomerio Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 11:03 PM)Mixinthecloud: Wrote: Very nice. Vocal is very good. Guitar feels a little thick around the middle and in opposition to the vocal.
Thank you very much for the suggestion. To be honest I found the guitar with a lot of bass and a closed sound from the recording, I even tried to bring more shine but I think it escaped the original idea of the composition. That strong bass that led me to slightly shift the pan. I understand your consideration and think it's valid. If I had the possibility I would ask for a new recording with a more open sound and maybe with a stereo mic technique

I like your idea about the stereo mic on the acoustic. And I agree the guitar recording limited the balance and placement of it. In my mix I have three compressors and two limiters on it and a doubler with the dry and doubled tracks panned left and right to get the stereo. I may need to automate it as well. It was and still is a tough nut to crack. Don't be afraid of automation. It defines your interpretation of the meaning of the song. Not only do the tonal choices and placements we make hopefully enhance the song but dynamic movement to emphasize the message or feel as well. Sometimes the players need a hand in all those aspects. Ideally, they don't and we can just present. Those jobs are the icing on the cake.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Think this was mentioned before but yea the guitars need a bit more highend and some distortion maybe. Its a smooth mix though.
Your vocals are perfect.