Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'm all right my mix
Hello everyone, i like a lot this song hope my mix like too. I want to ask to who do the original mix if add extra kick and snare because i like a lot the sound.
I really appreciate if you can tell what you like and not in my mix.
Thank you all.

.mp3    Angels in amplifiers - I\'m all right M.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

(14-02-2014, 04:08 PM)Rebu Wrote: Hello everyone, i like a lot this song hope my mix like too. I want to ask to who do the original mix if add extra kick and snare because i like a lot the sound.
I really appreciate if you can tell what you like and not in my mix.
Thank you all.

Nice ! I liked in particular the incoming of electric guitar and the bass/kick in the initial frame.
Did you use some automation or plugin to automatically manage volume on the vocal ?
I ask this because I want to try to insert automations on my mix....I like percussions and i want to try to encrease their presence and to get them widest.
Hello, kick are double with another kick sample, i do same job with snare but i'm not 100% satisfied because i like most how sound in original mix.
Vocal not have automation but two compressors for manage volume, chain in vocal are: comp-eq-comp-slap back dly. In sends i use automation on second dly on/off only when singer say word: "you" and little bit of reverb.
In percussions i use only pulteq eq with some reverb, nothing else.
No automation on el. guitar chain is: eq-comp, and a very little bit of reverb.
If you need more info let me know.
P.s. now tell me what you don't like please
I'm new here .... so I'm a little bit confused.
For each song it exist an original mix ? I must find it and hear because I didn't know.
Your idea to enhance kicks it's a very good idea in my opinion.
I don't know if it could be a good idea to double also snare....in my taste snare could be an element that "join" drums and percussions but I've not yet tried......I will do this evening.
Is very difficult to find some point that I don't like in your mix, it is very well equilibrated and with a good punch.
In the final step with all instruments running maybe vocals are far in some passage but you must consider that I use a lot headphones, and that this is a mp3 mixdown.
This was the reason of my question about automation on vocals, intended with volume automation.
Anyway your mix is a very good mix....I heard it several times also with time interval from one listen and the other, and it sounds always very agreable.

In the meantime I've considered that this song remember me the album Supernatural (if I'm not wrong) by Santana.
So I'm following the idea to put rythmic more dominant, like he always do in his concerts, and to manage volume level of the other instruments, changing substantially the mix.
Man at work..... :-)

Hello thank you for your reply and for your time to write a comment! I ask you because generally other people with different experience can ear problems than you can't ear because we have bad habitude to work for years in same way!
Double kick and snare is only a way for try to enhance the general sound sometime result is good sometimes no, only your ears can say Wink
I pay attention on what do you say about the vocal in final stage, now i hope other people give other comment than i will do some adjustaments.
Me too think that song have Santana influence Wink
See you next time Smile
Sounds great here Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Thank you bmullen, for danielbond the original mix is in the same page where you download the file you can't miss Wink
Next time i invert the overhead LR because ride is to much on right side, i like most hear drum to listener side and i do same job for toms.
Hello everybody i've put my final mix of this nice song before to go to my next mix. I do little bit change to enhance first mix that i do, so let what i change:

1- Invert LR to overheads and tom to ear drum to listener side
2- -1db to overhead channel
3- Enhance the attack of bass
4- Clean up a little bit acoustic guitar from fret noise and eq a little better
5- Leveling vocals in better way especially in final stage
6- Add a little bit of pressure in final limit stage

Hope you like result, please comment what you like and not Wink

see you bye for now

.mp3    Angels in amplifiers - I\'m all right final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.83 MB)

Great work!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Very good mix. Well done. You surely know what you're doing !
Gear: Cubase 7.5, Motu 828 mk3, Alesis M1A mk2, Beyerdynamic DT990Pro