Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Cali - Crazy
Hi!

My mix.

Cheers!

Added mix 1.0. Reduced 2-4k a bit on drum bus.

Cheers!

.mp3    Ryan Cali - Crazy.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

.mp3    Ryan Cali - Crazy 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hello Mike! Like what you did.
Keep it up
Cheers pal!
Hi!

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(01-07-2021, 07:53 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

My mix.

Cheers!
Messy notes. Just woke up.

Sounds good. My main issue is the upper mids. When I play the mix at a quiet level it all feels fine but when I turn it up the 2-5k range feels a bit harsh. And once I get my Honda back from the cops I will be cranking it. Also, playing the mix loudly. It's mostly the 'ride' and snare and percussion. And if those elements are tamed a bit it'll probably make the kick and bass feel bigger. Which, as the moment they sound good but I think it couldn't hurt for them to be more of the focus in a song like this. The kick/bass relationship feels good. I hope they get married someday.
Instead of 'relationship' I should have said 'balance' but the word escaped me at the time. It's back now but I'm not going to give it the satisfaction of going back and using it.

I like the vocal effects. The second verse feels like it comes down a bit. It's hard to have a big chorus while also having the lead vocal up front. Maybe less Lead Voc DT 1? At least in the first verse.

Um. I think that's is. Oh wait, the cymbal-y sample is a bit loud and a bit distracting.

Good job.
Hi!

Thanks for checking it out!

I dunno, some of those top end elements (like that cymbal-y thing) don't bother me too much right now, but I did note from your mix that knocking those back a bit does kind of help some. I do like that ride/909ish hat sample. I might try cranking it a bit later and see if the top end does take my head off though!

I did start off with the idea of keeping the bass up there, but maybe I lost the way a bit. I found the kick kind of a bit of a struggle due to how it is - it's more kind of vibey than punchy as such.

I wasn't really thinking that much about the chorus as I feel the backing vocals kind of fill that out - more about the difference between the intro and the first verse. I did knock the DT track down a bit from where I had it, so maybe I can duck it a bit more. At one point I did think about whether to get rid of it entirely or not.

Cheers!
Added mix 1.0. Attempted to reduce some 2-4k harshness.

Cheers!
Nice mix mike Smile a bit hars in the snareloop i think but not 2 much. Sounds really good.
I listening Crazy 1.0. Nice mix!
(08-07-2021, 11:46 PM)crownoise Wrote: Nice mix mike Smile a bit hars in the snareloop i think but not 2 much. Sounds really good.

Hi!

Thanks for checking it out! Yes - I think I could maybe take a touch more top end or something off some of the drum elements.

Cheers!
(10-07-2021, 09:09 AM)mike84 Wrote: I listening Crazy 1.0. Nice mix!

Thanks!