Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Cali - Crazy (MIX/MASTER)
Man, this track is so funny.
Hope you guys like it.
Cheers!

Edit: A whole new work (V2) looking for a "raw" "dirty" sound
Edit #2: Just want to made another mix (V3), a little bit more controled than my "V2" mix, and just a touch of more discret effects and some more reverb.

.mp3    Ryan_Cali_Crazy_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 9.04 MB)

.mp3    Ryan_Cali_Crazy_(V2)_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

.mp3    Ryan_Cali_Crazy_(V3)_(Mix_Master)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 8.96 MB)

Hi!

Not bad!

The vocals sound just a bit too up front for me I think? Might be worth checking out the library mix and listening out to how the the vocal sits level wise with regard to the beat, and also how the backing vocals sits and interact with the main vocal. Perhaps have a go at some of the vocal effects too? I feel that might help a little. Just my thoughts though - let me know what you think!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(02-07-2021, 10:43 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Not bad! 

The vocals sound just a bit too up front for me...
Hi Mike!. Thanx a lot for the feedback. Smile
I will do a new mix and i will keep your comment present.
Cheers pal!
Hi!

I suspect tweaking the vocal levels of the previous mix would do the trick. It's not an easy thing to get right. Sometimes I feel checking on headphones as well as speakers helps, alongside some reference mixes.

Talking of reference mixes - not sure if you've checked out Ryan's Youtube page? I spent quite some time checking it out the other day. There's a huge body of top class work right there - including some great videos. See if you can spot who mixed the 'Back Down' track that is also in the library here, for example. Well, I was certainly blown away by it all anyway!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Yeah the vocals could come back, like Mike said. The bass could be bigger. The "ride" could come back. It's kinda the focus of the mix at the moment. I think that's all I noticed.
I dunno, I like the ride. Probably a house thing - It's like a 909 hat Smile.

Cheers!
(03-07-2021, 01:24 PM)mikej Wrote: I dunno, I like the ride.  Probably a house thing - It's like a 909 hat Smile.

Cheers!
I dunno. Maybe it's my ears. It just feels harsh to me. Maybe if it were a different tone. And it's totally a hat and I don't know why they called it a ride.

Irregardless, you've made a powerful enemy today.
(03-07-2021, 09:38 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

I suspect tweaking the vocal levels of the previous mix would do the trick...
Thanx Mike for the advices. i really appreciate it
There is a couple of things that i want to change on the mix that i did. I just check Ryan's music on Youtube, and you right. now i want to get back to work on this. Smile

And you are right on the subject on the H.H, i wanted some "Classic Deep House" vibe 'cos personally am so into the genre on this kind of House Music and i felt the instrumental very similar to that. As soon i listened on the portal immediately my brain reacts in that way.
Am glad that you percibe it like that 

Cheers Pal!
(03-07-2021, 01:37 PM)RoyM Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 01:24 PM)mikej Wrote: I dunno, I like the ride.  Probably a house thing - It's like a 909 hat Smile.

Cheers!
I dunno. Maybe it's my ears. It just feels harsh to me. Maybe if it were a different tone. And it's totally a hat and I don't know why they called it a ride.

Irregardless, you've made a powerful enemy today.
Guys, guys, guys. Relax. let's breathe a moment (LOL)  Big Grin
Hey Roy Thanx a lot for taking your time to write.
As Mike said, it was a deep house thing that i want into the mix. So sad that you can find them harshy. I will work on a new mix 'cos there some changes that i want to make.
Your feedbacks are so welcome.
Cheers Pal! 
Heh it's all good - just discussing different opinions. I do value Roy's input.

Speaking of different opinions -

I checked out the V2 mix earlier. I'm not sure which I prefer between the two mixes to be honest. V1 has a bit more width and depth to it I think. I like the low down weight of the kick. It comes through ok I think, especially with the sub. It also sounds a little more polished maybe than V2 perhaps?

V2 sounds a touch more mid focused, especially vocal wise (which I like), and you've also got more mid range punch from the kick, which I guess might translate a bit better. I think it does sound a touch less wide than the first mix, but not by much.

My initial thought was that I prefer mix 1 over mix 2, but if I am honest I am not too sure!

Cheers!