Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D-MARCo "String Quartet" Draper Mix
71 Mics?!?!? FOR A QUARTET?!?!?!?

In all seriousness that study is a huge undertaking, and my kudos for the engineers who ran the project.

I limited myself to the decca cuboid mics, and the 4 spot mics.  I kept the high mics louder in the mix than the front or rear mics (high rears were higher than rear mics, but lower than front mics).  Phase checking, leveling, and maybe a soundbrigade on the spot cello to knock out some boomy frequencies, as well as the slate tape sim on the Master.  45 minutes approx.

Thoughts?

Draper

.mp3    Quartet Draper_session.mp3 --  (Download: 2.98 MB)

(01-07-2021, 04:48 AM)loweche6 Wrote: 71 Mics?!?!? FOR A QUARTET?!?!?!?

In all seriousness that study is a huge undertaking, and my kudos for the engineers who ran the project.

I limited myself to the decca cuboid mics, and the 4 spot mics.  I kept the high mics louder in the mix than the front or rear mics (high rears were higher than rear mics, but lower than front mics).  Phase checking, leveling, and maybe a soundbrigade on the spot cello to knock out some boomy frequencies, as well as the slate tape sim on the Master.  45 minutes approx.

Thoughts?

Draper

-------------------
NICE! As good as or better than the 69+ mics preview mix Mike provided! Insane. I think they did this for surround sound? I don't know but your mix is great!!! I'm going to take a stab at it, with the same ideas in mind, except, I'm only going to use the spot mics. I'll see what I can come up with with those 4 tracks only. Wish me luck....LOL!!
Tom 
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek