Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazael "A Mi Lado" Draper Mix
Heard this song and figured I'd do a half hour mix on it. . .which turned into an hour. . . which turned into 90 minutes.
I wanted a subtle effects usage, even though I reamped all of the guitars, used a generous amoount of slapback on the vox, and chose some pretty washy verb.

Thoughts or comments?
Draper

Edit* Brought the choruses down, except the last one. I think it leads into and out of the verses better than V1.

.mp3    a Mi Lado 90 min_session.mp3 --  (Download: 7.27 MB)

.mp3    a Mi Lado 90 min_r1_session.mp3 --  (Download: 7.31 MB)

Think my 1st chorus vox may be a bit too hot. . .and the verses too far down.
Revision above!
(30-06-2021, 01:23 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Heard this song and figured I'd do a half hour mix on it. . .which turned into an hour. . . which turned into 90 minutes.
I wanted a subtle effects usage, even though I reamped all of the guitars, used a generous amoount of slapback on the vox, and chose some pretty washy verb.

Thoughts or comments?
Draper

Edit* Brought the choruses down, except the last one. I think it leads into and out of the verses better than V1.

-----------------
Draper,

I just listened to V2 only since you said you liked that one better after making your changes. I really like the instruments and the effects choices, etc. There is a nice balance with the instruments, drums, etc. My only suggestion would be to thicken up the vocals and get rid of that very high frequency siblance, especially in the female voice. As such, they are way back in the mix but the siblance is pushing through in an unpleasant way. Also, I heard you panning the lead vox in the beginning part but then you seemed to settle them in the middle afterwards. I would always keep all main (lead) vocals in the middle with some widening effects on them to bring out a stereo width and warmth if desired. Just some humble suggestions. 

Tom 
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(02-07-2021, 11:38 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(30-06-2021, 01:23 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Heard this song and figured I'd do a half hour mix on it. . .which turned into an hour. . . which turned into 90 minutes.

Thoughts or comments?
Draper

-----------------
Draper,

I just listened to V2 only since you said you liked that one better after making your changes. I really like the instruments and the effects choices, etc. There is a nice balance with the instruments, drums, etc. My only suggestion would be to thicken up the vocals and get rid of that very high frequency siblance, especially in the female voice. As such, they are way back in the mix but the siblance is pushing through in an unpleasant way. Also, I heard you panning the lead vox in the beginning part but then you seemed to settle them in the middle afterwards. I would always keep all main (lead) vocals in the middle with some widening effects on them to bring out a stereo width and warmth if desired. Just some humble suggestions. 

Tom 
Tom!

Thanks so much for the listen and the comments! I agree with you 100%. I think I was trying to be a little too clever with the title "by my side." Trying to be clever isn't always the way! I'll take another pass!

Thanks again!
Draper