Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Travelling Band - Quicksand - reyes mix
Solid tune. Played with this song throughout the day and enjoyed hearing my end result. Any comments/suggestions appreciated!

Edit 1: Added more bass tone! Also tucked the second guitar away just a hair.

.mp3    Quicksand - The Travelling Band V1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.87 MB)

.mp3    NoIntro Quicksand - The Travelling Band V1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.17 MB)

.mp3    Quicksand - The Travelling Band V2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.15 MB)

Sounds good. Very live, which I think works for this song. I think the snare could use a little more 'crack' but it's fine as is in the live setting. The only part that feels lacking is the bass. It's there and I hear it but it could use more 'character' and be a bit more interesting. Maybe some distortion or something. Guitar 2 on the right might be a bit loud. It jumps out when it first comes in. But those are all matters of taste. As is it sounds good.
(28-06-2021, 12:43 PM)RoyM Wrote: Sounds good. Very live, which I think works for this song. I think the snare could use a little more 'crack' but it's fine as is in the live setting. The only part that feels lacking is the bass. It's there and I hear it but it could use more 'character' and be a bit more interesting. Maybe some distortion or something. Guitar 2 on the right might be a bit loud. It jumps out when it first comes in. But those are all matters of taste. As is it sounds good.
Great suggestions. Just added another edit with fresh ears. You were spot on with the bass comment. Nice!
I like that you were true to the production style of this song and went with live, smashed vibe. My only concern is bass guitar - a touch to heavy in the low mids, lows?