Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazael: 'A Mi Lado'_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel Angel Angel

Loved this one too! Pretending to be the producer on this one, I took a few liberties, creative-wise. 
Tom

.mp3    A Mi Lado_4M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

.mp3    A Mi Lado_6M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Very smooth Tom!

There may be a bit of mids covering the voices? Does your eq have a peak somewhere around 6-800 Hz(not looking at an analyzer, so it may be around 4-500)? That may be where it's coming from. If you want to keep the tone of the reverb (if the peak i'm hearing is from the verb) , maybe try side chaining it from the lead vocal track, so it swells when the vocals aren't present.

There may be a bit too much saturation as a whole (but I feel the same way about the original mix) , and that might be bringing that frequency out. All of the instruments are balanced well, and everything sounds really smooth.

Really nice work, but I think if you clear a liiiiitle bit of that mid frequency from the vox, it will really make it a stand out!

Draper
(27-06-2021, 08:44 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Very smooth Tom!

There may be a bit of mids covering the voices? Does your eq have a peak somewhere around 6-800 Hz(not looking at an analyzer, so it may be around 4-500)? That may be where it's coming from.  If you want to keep the tone of the reverb (if the peak i'm hearing is from the verb) , maybe try side chaining it from the lead vocal track, so it swells when the vocals aren't present. 

There may be a bit too much saturation as a whole (but I feel the same way about the original mix) , and that might be bringing that frequency out.  All of the instruments are balanced well, and everything sounds really smooth. 

Really nice work, but I think if you clear a liiiiitle bit of that mid frequency from the vox, it will really make it a stand out!

Draper
-----------------
Draper, you are a genius! Plus, this is proof that we all need to "master" our tracks at a later date than the mix itself because our ears do get quite fatigued. I applied a gentle slope dip from around 200 to 800 and it sounds much more polished now! Let me know what you think. It still retains most of the bottom end, but overall sounds much more balanced. Let me know what you think. The slope varies in and around a 2.5db cut curvature. 

Tom
The second mix sounds WAY more polished on the vocals, and the saturation over the track is much better!

Excellent work my friend!

Draper
(30-06-2021, 01:18 AM)loweche6 Wrote: The second mix is sounds WAY more polished on the vocals, and the saturation over the track is much better!

Excellent work my friend!

Draper
---------------------

Thanks so much, Draper!!! Please let me know if you do this one. It's got a few challenges.

Tom