Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Legacy - Who's Who in Hell
Here is my mix of this song.

.mp3    Last Legacy_WhosWhoinHell_MixbyClint v2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

Hey man! Nice tones. A couple things I'd look at are how clicky everything is in the 2k to 4k range, and how crushed the track sounds. It seems to get REALLY quiet when triggered by the sub bass / bass drop. I understand that you're going for loud, but the end product feels really pumpy. The guitars and the drums together seem to be very scoopy and bright, which gives the whole track more of a high mid focus as opposed to a very balanced one.
Overall, the balance of instruments is pretty good but the drum tones are really clicky and plastic sounding (except the toms). The volume actually seems to decrease at the ending breakdown, too. Which is weird. It's not as loud as it should be when ending on an aggressive breakdown. And the guitar volumes sound pretty inconsistent at the ending.
Vocals sound pretty good through the whole thing though!
Thanks for the listen and the advice! I had a listen to your mix and have to say it's pretty damn good. I tried to A/B between your mix and mine to get a better sense of what to adjust. I like how your mix has thump/punch to it. The kicks seem a bit muffled when playing faster though. I had another run at this song today with your advice in mind. Hopefully I didn't butcher it.

.mp3    Last Legacy_WhosWhoinHell_MixbyClint v5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)