Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You and Me and the Radio
Found this one to have some challenging parts. Thanks for listening and hopefully giving some feedback.

.mp3    You and Me and the Radio 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

(23-06-2021, 03:58 PM)jonmc Wrote: Found this one to have some challenging parts. Thanks for listening and hopefully giving some feedback.

Hey Jonmc, here is a feedback for you.
In my opinion:
1. You have to compress the vocals more, or write a volume automation. Or best both. You should hear by yourselve, that in the beginning the voice is really low volume and later it´s louder. The same after the guitar solo. Vocals ALWAYS have to be heard anytime and they should have nearly the same volume.
Don´t forget to de-ess.
2. I think you are eqing all instruments because you have an eq. But sometimes it is not nessesary. Clean them up and do small tweaks if nessesary. Let the instruments breathe.
3. You should know how important the instruments are, to carry the song. For example, the snare is louder than the mainvocals. Snare and vocals sound, as they are not in the same room. Because you give the snare a big (too big) reverb and the vocals dont have an audible reverb. The listener wants to hear the voice first and than all the other instruments. Ask yourselve, what do you wanna sing with: The vocals or maybe the basstrack or the snare? Yes, it´s the vocalist (chorus).
This seems to be a harsh critic but no offense. I just wanna help you a little bit with my two cents.
If your mixing seems senseless for me,  I wouldn´t do it.
For a better understanding, you can listen to my mix, to know what I mean.
Carry on and Cheers
P.S. Sorry for my bad english, I am a german guy